imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM

Default How I became an armorer...

Hello folks,
As you might have read on my profile, I'm an airsofter, and that means I have some nice-looking no-legal-fuss gun replicas on hand for various purposes. There's also a hobby group of photographers, make-up artists and models in my city, who organized a Shadowrun-themed photoshoot last month. Since I'm a RPG geek too, I chimed in, offering to drop by, bring some toys and pose for photos.
Cue "bag full of guns". I grabbed pretty much everything I had, dumped it into a duffel bag and dragged it downtown. The funniest part was a 5' girl with latex elf ears, wielding a monstrous 8" revolver with an Aimpoint slapped on top. Makes me wonder why they always go for the biggest ones.
After that, I jokingly said that one or two more sessions like that and I'm gonna be introducing myself as the group's official armorer, most probably expanding my collection in the process. Some handguns, one classic pump shotgun and an AR can only get me so far, and I want something new anyway. For example, I don't have a Desert Eagle yet (that one's easy since the Chinese cloned it recently) and my revolver collection isn't too impressive either (and Tanaka ones are pretty expensive). And I'm thinking about some kind of transport case for it, preferably wheeled (I have an idea to build one from a milsurp fiberglass crate, detachable set of wheels and some foam, it'll set me back only $100 or so and fit everything I have).
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 PM

Armorer-y tales, part deux.
Call me an idiot, but when you're an office drone in Middle-Eastern Europe, you hardly can afford a car of your own. Hence I'm limited to mass transit and so (here's the reason you may call me an idiot) I had to lug a four-foot gun case, a gunbag and a large framed backpack, all full of replica guns, on a bus, all the way across town to an old grain silo complex turned into an extreme sports park.
Photoshoot theme: Cyberpunk. That meant I wasn't the only one with a lot of work to do (since I traditionally decided to double as a model), as our two awesome make-up artists had their hands full as well (coming up with such ingenious devices as light-up cybernetic implants running off cellphone batteries). Of course I got welcomed by "Oh, our armorer's finally here, if you want guns, go and ask him" and all my stuff was quickly distributed among the models. Even a Blade Runner blaster made from a $3 plastic toy (with a working laser pointer, go figure...) was taken. I reserved the Muzzelite 10/22 (yes, they do make an airsoft version of the 10/22!) and USP for myself, strapped on my flatmate's knockoff Eagle vest, slapped some prosthetic makeup on with the help of our indispensable MUAs and went posing. Here's a result, and if you want I may post other photos too.
Later it turned out that the L86 proved to be a bit much for our models (some of them brought their own replicas anyway) and I took it myself for a couple of shots. And then, suddenly, the 5' girl I mentioned before turned up and asked if someone already took my 8" handcannon - and since it was still laying on the prop table, I gave it to her again.
Of course, before I post photos, I have to warn the more nervous of you about our trigger discipline and knowledge of firing stances (lack of both, more precisely ), but hey, we aren't doing this for money, we're just goofing off for fun.