imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Beat Metro last night, got the bad ending because when I do stealth, I usually go with the "pick off everyone one-by-one without being seen" variety
You do know you can stealth knock people out right?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
You do know you can stealth knock people out right?
That is incredibly boring

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
That is incredibly boring
Expressly why I've never done any "no kill" playthroughs in any MGS game.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-14-2013, 03:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Expressly why I've never done any "no kill" playthroughs in any MGS game.
MGS is different...it doesn't change the fucking ending if I kill everyone I see like Metro Last Light

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I know, but once you get enough upgrades and even with rushing missions to get the A rank, you learn a few things to beat a mission fast and not get anyone killed in the process. The one thing I find that is bullshit is how crouched enemies can take more hits than standing even from head shots.
They can take more hits even if you're shooting them from behind their cover, even. Luckily you can make them stand up if you hit them with a grenade or destroy their cover, the really pro way is to hit the cover with a grenade that doesn't damage them because then they stand up and don't turn around.

It's also rather funny that crew-served weapons count the soldier as part of the weapon; he's the weapon's weak point, but he counts as armour rather than infantry and doesn't have a hitbox for his head. Still, not as downright bizarre as multi-part tanks counting their extra turrets as completely different vehicles or the AI thinking that it's playing a third-person shooter (it can't see the map and only uses LOS for each individual soldier, which is why you often see multiple enemies run past someone and then turn around as if they didn't know they were there).
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.slashfilm.com/arnold-schw...-january-2014/

Two horrible ideas in one article. The franchise is a bruised and bloody carcass by now. Since T2 (now over twenty years old), the worldwide revenue from each subsequent film has diminished, while budgets keep going up, and I don't think a 65 year old Terminator is going to change that.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:26 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I think the biggest problem (aside from the movies being bad) is that your ability to suspend disbelief really gets strained after two Terminators being sent back. Why didn't Skynet send the third back to the same place as the first, for example?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:19 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I think the biggest problem (aside from the movies being bad) is that your ability to suspend disbelief really gets strained after two Terminators being sent back. Why didn't Skynet send the third back to the same place as the first, for example?
Maybe they were playing under Looper rules? (time traveled at a preset interval) If Terminator 5 involved the machines sending Terminators back to 1984 and interacting with 1984 Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor Forrest Gump-style, that'll be pretty cool.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Yeah, but I think Arnie's endoskeleton has turned into a zimmer frame at this point. He's more 'Aah, me back.'

I don't think they ever explained how the time travel worked, you just weren't supposed to think about it. Reese didn't know how it worked and John was distracted by having a totally awesome robot and being 12, but past two you start questioning it and it doesn't start answering you. And why would they send BEST TERMINATOR after the other two failed rather than first so it could help the other two if it couldn't find its original target?

Last edited by Evil Tim; 06-15-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Yeah, but I think Arnie's endoskeleton has turned into a zimmer frame at this point. He's more 'Aah, me back.'

I don't think they ever explained how the time travel worked, you just weren't supposed to think about it. Reese didn't know how it worked and John was distracted by having a totally awesome robot and being 12, but past two you start questioning it and it doesn't start answering you. And why would they send BEST TERMINATOR after the other two failed rather than first so it could help the other two if it couldn't find its original target?
It'd be cool if the Mexican guy at the gas station at the end of the first film turned out to be a T-1000, and the last image you see is his blade going though Sarah Connor. (But then again, if she dies in 1984/85, then all sorts of paradoxes occur, and I haven't had my coffee yet.)

And I know this picture is from two years ago, but it has to be addressed.