imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 PM

I love the p229r also, it is the right size, it balances well, absorbs the recoil with enough heft but still light enough it doesnt feel like a brick. I would love a short reset trigger too, its a standard da/sa but only goes forward a little bit to reset, allowing your follow up to be SWEET. i like the standard trigger reach (no short trigger please) and DA/SA pull (DAO and DAK sucks balls.)

Ive never understood the love of W.German guns, sure there not made anymore, but new guns chug on just as reliably.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The rail is to put a light on for home defense, and i want a 40, not a 9mm, the 9 would just be convienent for price, which would make a conversion cool, and im interested in the elite darks short reset trigger, adjustable night sights, and the aluminum grips, which a sig sales rep told me were slimmer, which i like. And I dont mind a beavertail, im a 1911 fan ater all.

And i dont mind the look of a rail on an elite dark, although i think a p229 (non rail) 2 tone with nickel controls looks real nice.
For home defense, that's not necessarily the best idea. They teach you in classes for home defense training you should hold a light and the gun seperately, and flash the light briefly in a direction you are not facing. This is because if someone should see the light flash, they won't know where you are and track you down in the dark. If the light is attached to the gun, you'd need to point it away to accomplish this same effect when it'd be more of an advantage on an intruder to be able to level the gun on him while the light is not giving away your position. Some may say that the light on the gun means you can blind the person by aiming at them, but they'll still know what general direction you're in, and if they're armed, may fire at that direction, which you should avoid letting happen.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 AM

GM, where you been? Good to see you back.

And im not going to go around room, im bound to get killed like that. Im going to aim at my door, and wait for police to arrive. If the bad guy enters my room, you have no choice. If they take some stuff, well, im alive.

If i had a family i had to go out and save, its different, but id still want a light on y gun to free a hand for opening doors and such.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
GM, where you been? Good to see you back.

And im not going to go around room, im bound to get killed like that. Im going to aim at my door, and wait for police to arrive. If the bad guy enters my room, you have no choice. If they take some stuff, well, im alive.

If i had a family i had to go out and save, its different, but id still want a light on y gun to free a hand for opening doors and such.
Well that's why I'm thinking differently than you, I live with my family and although my house is small I'd likely have to venture out if someone was breaking in.

I watch a lot of professional training techinques and they tell you how to check your house as safely as possible, going corner by corner as slowly as you can safely, "cutting off slices of a pie" as you go to check every area effectively.