imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well if I ever see a barrel sticking out of someone's coat as they exit a bank wearing sunglasses, I hope to hell I have my carry permit.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It's the summer, so I open carry sometimes

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-17-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Well if I ever see a barrel sticking out of someone's coat as they exit a bank wearing sunglasses, I hope to hell I have my carry permit.
And an ability to be lightning-quick and accurate, as well, I'd hope. If there was ever a shot I wouldn't want to miss...

Frankly, I'd settle for just tailing the dude long enough for the police to show up and keeping the gun hung up until the shit hit the fan.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah good point. Dont' be a hero and let the authorities take care of the problem. Unless you are in great danger, never draw your weapon out in the open, you might be mistaken for a hostile

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Maybe I sound like a pussy here, but...if I saw a guy who had an AK or AR or whatever beneath a trench coat, I would quite happily stay FAR away and call the police. There is no way in hell I'd ever try to use my carry piece against a BG with a semi-auto rifle. I'd be way, WAY outgunned.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:29 AM

Hell a gy with a 1911 in his face would know he stands no chance no matter what hes packing.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm not saying I'd draw and open fire if I saw a BG with a gun, I'd just be happy knowing I could defend myself somewhat if I needed to.

I hope the Cara gun is built by the time I get a carry permit, that's the gun I'd want to use. 15 rounds of .45 ACP is a pretty good equalizer.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM

Have you tried to conceal a gun on your person before? It's not easy, and a big ass hi-cap .45 doesn't make it easier. Aside from mexican carry, hiding a gun isn't as easy as you'd think with the ways you bend and sit (My 1911 jams into my groin if I'm mexican carrying, too, so sitting down is out of the question. We're talking a single stack too). There's a reason people carry with crossdraws and IWBs, while wearing leisure suits that can accomodate something like a hunk of metal. I'm no carry master, nor can I carry myself, but I understand the basics, and a full size hi cap is more or less out of the question.

Still, I saw this youtube video where this guy taped himself concealing a Glock under a sweater, and as he bent over to put groceries in the car, the gun kept getting exposed. Luckily, no one noticed, so hiding in plain sight works, sorta. Wouldn't count on it though.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 PM

CC isnt hard, especially in maine, you wear a coat or jacket almost the full year, just summer is when you need to get creative. My GFs dad is smaller than me and has CCed 1911s and his Delta elite around no problem. Full sized, not commanders, either. Good leather makes a difference too.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be worried, if some Heat esque posse just knocked over a bank they'd probably be too preoccupied with getting the hell out of there before the police showed rather than bother with me if I'm just some passerby.