imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 PM

Default Custom SL8

This is the G36 sporter H&K should have given us (but, alas, they didn't because apparently we suck and they hate us...)

http://files.uzitalk.com/reference/p...hootMN2004.htm

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

With a side folding stock and 30 round post-86 ban magazine... I couldn't if I wanted to. Good ol' New York.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

They could have made the stock non-folding instead and a 10 round mag would solve any New Yorker's problem

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
They could have made the stock non-folding instead and a 10 round mag would solve any New Yorker's problem
wouldn't that essentially just make it a normal SL8?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Take the alpha dog of the pack and chop his balls off. He won't be alpha for very long.

Basically, doing all that crap to the gun the same thing. It isn't nearly as cool once it's been NY-neutered.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirearmFan View Post
wouldn't that essentially just make it a normal SL8?
Not give it the thumb hole stock like a regular SL8. I meant make the skeleton stock non folding. I seriously dont seen the reason why folding stock are banned

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Folding stock=less overall length=easier to fit in a trenchcoat.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's jist saying anyone with a hack saw can just chop the barrel and the stock of any gun to make it concealable in a trench coat. And seriously who wears a fucking trench coat today? You see a guy walking around in a trench coat and that's just begging for attention

Old 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

But once you saw off a gun stock, it's that size for good.

With a folding stock, you can hide a folded full sized weapon in your jacket (not even a trenchcoat if you can hide it correctly) and bring it to full length for easier use once it's pulled out. While I can understand why this would scare libtards, us law abiding citizens wouldn't need to use it for crime. The criminals who buy them regardless from the black market on the other hand...

While I have no plans to commit crimes, I discovered I could hide my Mossberg Cruiser under my jacket if I stuck the muzzle in my pants pocket and crutched the pistol grip under my arm. This would fit also with a folding stock on it as well, so the criminal efficiency is obvious.

I'd just want one so I could fold my shotgun up at home and unfold it for use if someone broke in...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
That's jist saying anyone with a hack saw can just chop the barrel and the stock of any gun to make it concealable in a trench coat. And seriously who wears a fucking trench coat today? You see a guy walking around in a trench coat and that's just begging for attention
You're trying to use logic on gun control. This is the same movement that once saved America from the incredibly common horror of drive-by rifle grenadings and gangland bayonet charges, and knows that .50 cal rifles can flip over railway cars because bullets don't have to obey the law of conservation of momentum.