imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 PM

Yeah a better version of homefront with better production and story would be nice. The graphics and mechanics felt old and story had more plot holes than mw2.

A shooter about americans defending the country from foreign threat though, is something i want to play

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Yeah a better version of homefront with better production and story would be nice. The graphics and mechanics felt old and story had more plot holes than mw2.

A shooter about americans defending the country from foreign threat though, is something i want to play
MW2, MW3 and BO2 didn't do it for you?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
MW2, MW3 and BO2 didn't do it for you?
Neither of those games had an Red Dawn story. The story idea is very simple, grim and different from just a military shooter. The setting is middle America after a take over of a foreign military. We have check points, execution squads, mass graves, tough times. We play the citizens fighting back. That's what Homefront potential has. It sets up a backstory where a country we thought isn't a threat becomes powerful and now aims at taking us out. The tone is a lot different from your Call of Duty or Battlefield style of gameplay. I want to see us using civilian weapons that don't fire full auto, some guns with limited magazine capacities against a well trained, and well armed military. You don't get grenades right off the bat, but grenades are constantly being thrown at you. Tanks and armored vehicles come at you and there isn't a rocket launcher in sight.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM

yeah cod was military vs military, i wanted civilian resistance. And i liked the enviroment where people were adpating to life after being under enemy control, going through neighborhoods, having to sneak into an internment camp. That was cool. Just felt like a ton of wasted potential.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
yeah cod was military vs military, i wanted civilian resistance. And i liked the enviroment where people were adpating to life after being under enemy control, going through neighborhoods, having to sneak into an internment camp. That was cool. Just felt like a ton of wasted potential.
The reboot Red Dawn movie also had a lot of potential too.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The reboot Red Dawn movie also had a lot of potential too.
Why didn't they just make a Red Dawn game? I'm guessing it was a rights issue with the remake coming out.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Why didn't they just make a Red Dawn game? I'm guessing it was a rights issue with the remake coming out.
They tried. It was called Homefront and the failed at it. Also because of political correctness, they didn't want Russians cause...they aren't that scary anymore and neither are the Chinese

Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
They tried. It was called Homefront and the failed at it. Also because of political correctness, they didn't want Russians cause...they aren't that scary anymore and neither are the Chinese
Oh, I know, but since it's the same premise and they brought in John Milius to write it anyway, why not? They could've set it in the eighties and retained the Soviets as the villains instead of bending over backwards with the Red Chinese/NK villains.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 AM

I just hope Saints Row and the WWE license get treated well by their respective venders.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM

The Americans is sounding like it might be a pretty good show so far. It's been a while since I saw a good Cold War spy thriller.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman