imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Thanks mate,

I also found the SCAR16S Disassembly video and hopefully I can figure out why some magazines will not catch in the weapon tomorrow.
He's one of the better ones on YT. It will be a while, but I think he'll surpass Nutnancy. Or at least I hope he does.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
He's one of the better ones on YT. It will be a while, but I think he'll surpass Nutnancy. Or at least I hope he does.
Well it's amazing how many forum "Experts" end up looking and sounding like idiots once they are in front of a camera. I know some really smart and knowledgable people who sound stupid in front of a camera but in other cases I have to say that it's about time.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Sturm and nutn are 2 different types of reviewer and i like both. But i really do wish more people would watch sturm, he really knows his stuff.

Sturm is guns and tactical gear oriented, nutnfancy has more like knives, backpacking, etc. Nutnfancy also is more detailed, but very long winded, sturmwerghre is right to the point.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Sturm seems more geared toward looking professional, if that's the word, whereas Nutn seems like a hobbyist that product tests a LOT, which is exactly what he is. But even if you don't like Nutnfancy's length and style of review, he's always commenting that what he says is his own opinion based on his experience, his data point as he says, and you can take what you can get or not. I think it's silly to not want to sit through a ~30 minute video to perhaps learn something about a gun knife or other item you would have otherwise not learned.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM

I happen to like nutnfancy's style, the lenght is just the most common criticism, honestly i like being able to kick back and watch a cool informative vid. Also, nutn is a hobbyist with many hobbies, so i like seeing camping and hiking gear, another hobby of mine.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

I didn't think this would turn into a Sturm vs Nutn discussion. But I guess I was asking for it with my comment.

Nutn's biggest problem is he doesn't get to the point I don't think he knows how to. A 30 minute vid could be 15. From some that's not a problem or a big deal. He's got a lot of subs, so obviously some people can stand him. That whipping sound he does is hella gay also.

When Sturm does a review he goes over the features, his experience with it and his likes and dislikes. That's all you need. He most always goes over pricing too, one time Nutn was doing an AK review he didn't bother to learn or know the pricing because it was given to him.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 AM

Nutnfancys blade reviews are quite good, i like he actually goes and splits logs and delimbs trees. And he tests if a backpack holds up, by going on a multi day hike. He shares good experience for free.

Sturm's reviews seem to be getting better and better as he goes. I think once more people catch on hell get the attention he deserves as his info is solid.

I have an issue with naming prices because it varies by location/type of gun.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Nutnfancys blade reviews are quite good, i like he actually goes and splits logs and delimbs trees. And he tests if a backpack holds up, by going on a multi day hike. He shares good experience for free.

Sturm's reviews seem to be getting better and better as he goes. I think once more people catch on hell get the attention he deserves as his info is solid.

I have an issue with naming prices because it varies by location/type of gun.
I'm not that into knives so I never watch them.

While gun prices will vary from region to region, he tells you where he got it from, Atlantic Firearms etc. So the pricing is what it is.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 PM

Figured out why some of the magazines didn't fit. they were a fraction of an inch too tall and were hitting the bottom of the bolt carrier.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:48 AM

Well my friend with the SCAR-16S just got the 17S and a FiveseveN pistol. Hopefully I'll have a range report soon.

Plus does anyone know of a good Supressor capable flash supressor for the SCAR-16 and 17?