imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Page format

A recent problem to me lately is someone taking over a page I was working on and changing how it looks.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like my pictures to be 500 in size. I just do, if it's too big, I'll tone it down to 400, but 300 is just too small for me. You can barely see anything. Also another problem is that, once you wrote down a character's name and that he or she uses one weapon and then write the action playing him or her, I think it's repetitive to do it over and over for every gun this character used.

Then there's the bullet points. I'm redoing my entire Sarah Conner Chronicles page because of some noob.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-21-2008, 04:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I agree, 500-600 pixels is appropriate size for thumbnails of screenshots. That's what I usually use. For gun pics, it may vary depending on size of images, but 300-350 is usually best, I find.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

I use 600px for screencaps in widescreen, 500px on fullscreen images (except on the Batman pages, I wanted them to look good) and 400px for the gun pics. Check Speed, I used the same format on that as I always do.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
A recent problem to me lately is someone taking over a page I was working on and changing how it looks.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like my pictures to be 500 in size. I just do, if it's too big, I'll tone it down to 400, but 300 is just too small for me. You can barely see anything. Also another problem is that, once you wrote down a character's name and that he or she uses one weapon and then write the action playing him or her, I think it's repetitive to do it over and over for every gun this character used.

Then there's the bullet points. I'm redoing my entire Sarah Conner Chronicles page because of some noob.
hahaha. hope I did not offend you, but I made some changes myself (and Btracy1994 did a lot of changes). I did not know that you claimed the TSCC page for yourself. But I worked on that page long before you started (and Btracy1994 started before me so he has more of a claim than I do...), but I stopped and only recently went back, primarily because I got the entire series on DVD (which you probably did too). I wasn't offended when others changed what I did (but I can understand when someone does 90% or more of page).

I agree. 500px is good for screencaps, I think 600 is too big for most screens (and most folks don't have those massive 1920x1200 screens that some diehard gamers have. )

BTW who made my contributed pics smaller? I was actually trying to get a good screencap of each mentioned instance in the gun descriptions.

A standard size for screencaps is good. I agree that the 500 is a good size. However, the GUN image pixel sizes should reflect the shape of the gun. a long skinny image like a sniper rifle can be 500px long, but a square image like a pistol or SMG should be smaller or else the image looks too massive.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Site Manager

I think the best way to deal with this is to create an example page everyone can point to as a reference in the future. I like 500px as the max width because 30% of our visitors are running 1024x768 resolution - every page should be easily viewed at 1024x768.

On average though I think we have a very tech-savvy audience as 65% of visitors are running 1280x800 resolution or larger.