imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Hell, compared to most of the ones we found in Afghanistan, that's in good shape!

And yeah, all Irish-marked firearms are rare (well, except for the post-war Lee-Enfield No.4s), and that seems to be doubly true for handguns. I can only remember seeing one other. It's got the FF stamp I assume? Where is it on the gun?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Hell, compared to most of the ones we found in Afghanistan, that's in good shape!

And yeah, all Irish-marked firearms are rare (well, except for the post-war Lee-Enfield No.4s), and that seems to be doubly true for handguns. I can only remember seeing one other. It's got the FF stamp I assume? Where is it on the gun?
Okay I'm sorry and I feel like a total idiot. It's not Irish it's English. I misread the stamps. I was excited and I grabbed my books started looking for the FF stamp and realized I was totally fouled up. Sorry Nyles. However I will still get a photo of it posted.

My only excuse is I wasn't using a magnifying glass the first time. Which I find I need to do more and more as the years go by.