imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

There's also the XDS in 9mm, very handy gun as well. The Shield is pretty good, but the newer version doesn't have the thumb safety, which is a plus.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-17-2014, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
There's also the XDS in 9mm, very handy gun as well. The Shield is pretty good, but the newer version doesn't have the thumb safety, which is a plus.
I remember a while back that I *almost* got an XD in .45, but I held off for some reason. Then the next time I went to a show, I found mah perfect-condition 4506. I think I passed it up because of the grip safety or something not feeling "right".

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 AM

Man, I am really weird when it comes to pistols, I guess. The High Standard taught me that if one does not feel 100% right to me, I'm going to have trouble with it sometime down the line. There is no "well I guess I can get used to it"; if something bothers me, it probably won't go away

EXAMPLE: Want CZ-75 for a while-->can't find one-->FINALLY finds a table full at show-->handle one-->know I'll never get one because it just does not feel right-->shoot one years later-->shoot it okay, hand-feel bugs me the whole time

Think H&K Mk.23 is cool-->handle one-->"Aw, c'mon"-->shoot one years and years later at indoor range-->Feels wrong the whole time, know I'd never *feel* competent with one

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 07-17-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Everyone have different preferences in which pistol feels good in their hands and which one they can run well. Some people can run a Sig pretty good and others like Glocks. It's really up to how well you can shoot a gun.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 07-17-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Everyone have different preferences in which pistol feels good in their hands and which one they can run well. Some people can run a Sig pretty good and others like Glocks. It's really up to how well you can shoot a gun.
Yep. Speaking of Sigs, I would love a P239, but I have trouble with Sig controls, so it probably won't happen. Sigs are comfy as hell

Old 07-18-2014, 12:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Sigs are comfy to hold, and also a bit more pricey compared to others.

What about the S&W M&P series?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Sigs are comfy to hold, and also a bit more pricey compared to others.

What about the S&W M&P series?
Polymer guns, my preference:

FN > S&W > Sphinx > Walther > CZ > Steyr > H&K > EAA/Tanfoglio > Beretta > SIG > Springfield > Kahr > Glock > Ruger > Kel-Tec > Taurus

Old 09-06-2015, 03:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Been a good while since I checked the forum and logged in. Glad to see mostly everyone is still around. Hope all is well with everybody.

My latest purchase, Colt WWII reproduction M1911A1, been trying to get one for years. Would like to get an authentic one from WWII eventually.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Been a good while since I checked the forum and logged in. Glad to see mostly everyone is still around. Hope all is well with everybody.

My latest purchase, Colt WWII reproduction M1911A1, been trying to get one for years. Would like to get an authentic one from WWII eventually.

Dude, awesome. I've seen these on gunbroker from time to time but only like, five in the decade I've been looking. I am truly jelly.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Dude, awesome. I've seen these on gunbroker from time to time but only like, five in the decade I've been looking. I am truly jelly.
Thanks man. Yeah very rarely will they show up for sale. I think most are sitting in peoples Colt collections.

Next up as far as "unicorns" gun go is a S&W Model 27 with 3.5" barrel. A 4" Python would be cool, but prices have gotten crazy.