imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM

Default AR-15 Type Rotary Barrel Upper Receiver?

I found this image on the web. It's called GatMalite, the KAC's unknown prototype version of AR-15 upper receiver that uses rotary barrel like from webley semi-automatic revolver, which enables the rifle keep fires without overheating but still maintain low rate of fire for rotary barrel(650 rpm).

I also found that once this image and explanation was on the wikipedia, but it's been deleted for some unknown reason

I am thinking this is not the real weapon, but i am just curious whether this one is really fake or not

Does anybody know about this receiver conversion kit?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Well that image looks pretty fake.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM

Yeah, it's completely fake.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzang1847 View Post

I found this image on the web. It's called GatMalite, the KAC's unknown prototype version of AR-15 upper receiver that uses rotary barrel like from webley semi-automatic revolver, which enables the rifle keep fires without overheating but still maintain low rate of fire for rotary barrel(650 rpm).

I also found that once this image and explanation was on the wikipedia, but it's been deleted for some unknown reason

I am thinking this is not the real weapon, but i am just curious whether this one is really fake or not

Does anybody know about this receiver conversion kit?
Well lets debunk it using breakdown logic. It's fitted with H&K 416 sights, that are mounted too high up on the weapon to aim properly, and also the sights are oversized. The barrels are taken from a Dillion-Aero M134 Minigun, the bipod is clearly photoshopped on and is a different color, the gun would weigh a ridiculous amount that would be impractical for usage, and lastly, why would this weapon be in any way practical? It's fitted with a 20 round magazine, which when fired from a rotarary weapon would empty it in literally a second. A beta-C 100 mag would be cleared in 6 seconds tops. This is a weapon with absolutely no practicallity in combat. Hell, even mall-ninjas wouldn't have any use for it, it only has ONE side rail.