imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 AM

Default Parker hale parts needed

I have a request for the various members of the forum. i have a friend who has been trying for a couple years now to build his own parker hale M85 sniper rifle. For a while he had all the parts and sent it to a local gunsmith for final fitting of some parts. Sadly the gunsmith bubba'ed the job and now the rifle is without a magazine well assembly. I'm currently asking about the firearms circles i travel for a source for a magazine well assembly and possibly a gunsmith that can fit the magazine well to the weapon. Before the previous magazine well vanished somehow it would fit m14 magazines but wouldn't feed. I'm not sure what else needed final fitting but from handling it it should with parts and a reputable gunsmith's tough turn out to be a fine rifle to shoot.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 AM

Have you asked Midway? They have just about everything

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-18-2009, 07:02 AM

Midway, numrich and all the usual places to find parts. He tried everyone he could think of and that's a list as his hobby is rebuilding WWII era firearms to keep him out of trouble while he's retired. I'm just hopeing that someone would know of some place to find a new magwell as I personally love the way the Parker Hale fits in my hands and just begs to be shot at some distant target.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:55 PM
MOAxp

Default PH M85 parts

Drop me an email re missing parts - I have most if not all parts for the PH rifles. Mag well is not a problem, I do have sights and other parts as well

john b
Old 12-18-2009, 05:39 PM

As I'm not sure what parts he acctually needs I'm going to post a few Photos of the rifle in question.

First one is of both his Parker Hales with the M85 on the bottom.

There is a scope mount already on the M85 and it was planned to be set up like the single shot Parker Hale next to it.

Here is the opening for the magwell taken from the muzzle end of the gun. The stock is one modified from a single shot Parker Hale.

The last image is from the butt end of the gun.

Hopefully these Images help in telling me what needs to be aquired again.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:19 PM
MOAxp

at the minimum you need the mag well liner, mag block and lever, which I have. Your setup will require a solid gunsmith regardless to correct and adapt the M85 parts to the M86 receiver (or at least that is what it appears to be)