imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Default Pro gun actors/actresses.

Trying to make a definitive list.

I know Bruce willis is a big 2a supporter.
Tom Selleck of Course.
Theres segal and norris.
Heard Sarah michelle gellar is pro gun.
heard rumors angelina jolie is pro gun.
Heard johnny depp is.
Joe Mantegna is.

Who else is there?

Problem with rumors is that some celebrities are hypocritical, and think they can have them and nobody else should, so leave them out.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

I won't help with this list. Too many folks from the Biz peruse this site already, and Hollywood is notoriously vindictive against anyone they consider 'right of center' (and being pro gun ownership puts you into that category). Some of the lesser actors have actually suffered in bookings because of that. No reason to make this list.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Another forum had alist being put together, thought i may get info here seeing its about movies.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I won't help with this list. Too many folks from the Biz peruse this site already, and Hollywood is notoriously vindictive against anyone they consider 'right of center' (and being pro gun ownership puts you into that category). Some of the lesser actors have actually suffered in bookings because of that. No reason to make this list.
But surely they have to make an exception for armorers? Are they really so naive as to think that somebody who keeps an inventory with thousands of weapons (even blank-converted) could possibly be "left-of-center"?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Are they really so naive as to think that somebody who keeps an inventory with thousands of weapons (even blank-converted) could possibly be "left-of-center"?
Sadly, yes.

There are two type of antigun celebrities.

The "nobody should own them" crowd, and the "nobody but me should own them im a celebrity and special" crowd. The second crowd can go to hell, the first is entitled to their opinion.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I heard that Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg like to do skeet shooting and I heard that Angelina Jolie actually owns the USP Match like the one she used in Tomb Raider.

Brad Pitt I heard is pro gun, so is

Samuel Jackson

Arnold of course

Robert DeNiro has a gun permit

Bill Cosby had a permit

Val Kilmer has a permit in New Mexico

Milla Jovovich

And best not forget about Bronson, Charleston Heston, and Robert Stack - may they rest in peace and R. Lee Ermey

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

How do you define "pro-gun?" A lot of these people just seem to enjoy shooting. There's a big difference.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 AM

With all due respect, I don't think it matters which actors are pro gun. When the director says "shoot him" the actor will ask "which guy".

"I've done a lot of violent movies, especially in the early days. My recent efforts, like The Bridges of Madison County (1995), weren't too violent. In recent years I've done less, and, yes, I am concerned about violence in film. In '92, when I did Unforgiven (1992), which is a film that had a very anti- violence and anti-gun play - anti-romanticizing of gun play theme, I remember that Gene Hackman was concerned about it, and we both discussed the issue of too much violence in films. It's escalated ninety times since Dirty Harry (1971) and those films were made." - Clint EASTWOOD
Old 02-06-2011, 01:58 PM

I mean pro gun as in supports gun ownership by civilians, so many celebs go and use that poistion as a way to try and push political agendas, like support the brady campaighn. Some actors will actually say they support the second ammendement and not care that left wing hollywood will shun them.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The only ones I would believe would be Selleck and Norris. Selleck is the only one that I'm aware of who has come out of the gun rights closet and put himself in an NRA ad. Norris is fairly outspoke on being on the right of almost every issue.

There was some debate on Arnold's discussion page as to whether or not he's pro-gun or not, and looking at his quotes, he's pretty much in the middle, maybe even a little anti-gun.

Yes, I heard the story about how Johnny Depp grew to like SMGs from his training for Public Enemies. He can probably afford a full auto SMG and the tax stamp. But would he actually fight for the RTBA? He just comes across, at least to me, as someone who enjoys shooting.