imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-12-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Yeah. Safety's are for pansy's and guys teaching First Aid.
Beautifully Said
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
Just had a guy in the store that wants to put a safty on his glock...i think these types of people just need to put their man pants on. The glock safties are good enough already.

Ohhh and the 1911 is the best gun ever, its not just your opinion.
Should of told him to buy a 1911.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM

My cousin's friend who served in the USMC a few years ago told me that he was a General's bodyguard and he got to carry a tiger-striped .50 AE Desert Eagle . He also told me about how he had to cut a guy's throat with a bayonet because the guy was on top of him and his gun hand was pinned to his chest, but I'm pretty sure that's actually true because it wasn't a "yeah I totally just slit a dude's throat". It was more like "I almost died and killing the guy was so traumatic that it's one of the causes of my PTSD"

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM

My friend was in special forces (para rescue) and met an operator who carried a ruger blackhawk. The guy had it in a thigh rig and would draw, finger on trigger, and fan to shoot a round, saying this was faster than other guns. e was an entry man with a PG 870. He thought it was the stupidest thing hes ever seen but the guy was still alive so......

As to 1911s, there good, but only after you spend so much money on them, and any pistol that needs to cost 1500 dollars or have a "reliability job".....

Ill go with a SIG or CZ. Maybe even a FN. But 1911s are very safe, they got manual and grip safeties and you need to be a complete dumbass to shoot yourself with one.

I heard another glock basher say that glocks suck since you need to pull trugger to disassemble. I HATE glocks and will even defend glock on this, there is no excuse to disregard basic gun safety which requires unloading. This is a human error issue not desighn fault.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Sure, Hi Point guys are very cheap, but you could shell out a hundred more and probably get a better gun. It's just not worth being cheap with your gun that might save your life one day
I have the carbine, and it's a fun, cheap, gun to shoot. If you accept what it is (a 9mm plinker) it's a great value. If I have to use a gun to defend my life, something has gone wrong. If, out of all of my guns, I have to use the carbine, something has REALLY gone wrong.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
My friend was in special forces (para rescue) and met an operator who carried a ruger blackhawk. The guy had it in a thigh rig and would draw, finger on trigger, and fan to shoot a round, saying this was faster than other guns. e was an entry man with a PG 870. He thought it was the stupidest thing hes ever seen but the guy was still alive so......
So was this guy's name Barney "The Schizo" Ross.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:18 PM

Some people in special forces get this mentlity that there some type of uber badass and need to show it off.

Grunt, Mass effect 3