imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
But I was just a tiny bit offended by the Asperger comment (even though I also laughed at it).
Yeah, that one seemed unnecessary to me, especially considering I do have Asperger's Syndrome.

But fortunately I learned a long time ago to just laugh things as such off. Like Nyles said, it's the Internet.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 12-13-2009, 01:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

My buddy has Asperger's Syndrome, and I do kinda find that comment a bit offensive. I had a small chuckle at it, but I don't see how our work is remotely like a ADD kind thing

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-13-2009, 02:55 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My buddy has Asperger's Syndrome, and I do kinda find that comment a bit offensive. I had a small chuckle at it, but I don't see how our work is remotely like a ADD kind thing
People with AS tend to be extremely obsessed with a particular subject, down to details that the average person wouldn't notice (or care about). We are certainly details-obsessed (many of us, self included), though that by itself doesn't mean a person has AS.

I don't think he meant it to be taken that seriously, anyway.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
People with AS tend to be extremely obsessed with a particular subject, down to details that the average person wouldn't notice (or care about). We are certainly details-obsessed (many of us, self included), though that by itself doesn't mean a person has AS.

I don't think he meant it to be taken that seriously, anyway.
That bastard! I bet he thinks we all look like this!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 AM

Something else, we need to be more vigilant about keeping discussion on the discussion page. I mean it looks unprofessional, especially when I find a screenshot of the website on the internet only to see there is some kind of casual dispute right in the middle.

from>
http://www.popscornweekly.com/2009/1...ase-imfdb-org/

Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Something else, we need to be more vigilant about keeping discussion on the discussion page. I mean it looks unprofessional, especially when I find a screenshot of the website on the internet only to see there is some kind of casual dispute right in the middle.
I regret ever doing that. I used to do back when GM45 and I helped each other out on pages and we both knew the other would correct it as soon as he saw the comments, but it's become a trend on the site for other (anonymous) users. I agree we gotta keep it on the discussion page.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I regret ever doing that. I used to do back when GM45 and I helped each other out on pages and we both knew the other would correct it as soon as he saw the comments, but it's become a trend on the site for other (anonymous) users. I agree we gotta keep it on the discussion page.
Excellent point! I will also not discuss on the actual pages, just on the discussion pages and also move all discussion over to the discussion pages when I see it. Actually I have been doing that, but I must also be more diligent. Thanks for that point. It sucks to have search engines capture us 'bickering' or just talking on movie page.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Wow, I guess I'm the asshole on here, since most of the works were mine he criticized. Oh well, I'm a stickler for every... little... detail.

As for the goldtooth guy with the AKM, I noted that the selector looked like it was on semi, but someone said it was actually on full-auto and explained how I was wrong in the caption. So it makes a very confusing description that explains what is actually obvious.