imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default New Admin nominations?

Hi all,

First, thank you to those who sent me PMs asking how I was doing (you know who you are). I appreciate your concern, and this post will hopefully answer your questions.

As most of you have probably noticed, I am not on IMFDB all that much lately, even though I was once a very prolific and active user. There are two reasons for this:

(1.) I have been very busy finishing my Master's, applying to Ph.D programs, searching for jobs, and doing other research. I successfully defended my M.A. thesis in December, but remain preoccupied with the other tasks. No job interviews yet (besides a couple of Skype conferences), but I've spent a lot of time going back and forth to D.C., re-connecting with people from school and meeting new contacts.

(2.) I got engaged in January, and will be getting married at the end of June. My (now) fiancee and I moved into a new loft apartment recently, and we were very busy settling in and buying new furniture. I also wound up selling my Mossberg 500 Mariner and a Ruger Mark II (don't worry - it was just to finance the purchase of our bedroom suite; I'm not about to sell any of my other hardware, in case you guys were worried that I've done a complete 180. )

Long story short, I'm way too busy to fulfill my regular duties on IMFDB. So...I am once again seeking to find new Administrators. Mostly, I am looking for people to nominate for Admin status on the forum, which means that you would be in charge of activating new forum members' accounts. I am (at present) the only person besides Bunni who has forum Admin status; I have received a large number of requests to approve new member accounts, and have not fulfilled any of these requests yet (because I neither know how nor have the time to figure it out). Since I am on IMFDB so rarely that I am unfamiliar with who's who and who's been doing the most work, I figured that I should seek your input on who to nominate. You guys know who you like and respect, and since some of you have previously suggested that we make the nomination process a little more democratic, I've decided to listen.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if you would all post in this topic and include the following:

(1.) Up to 3 people (no more) who you believe deserve Administrator status on the main site and Moderator status on the forum.

(2.) Up to 2 people (no more) - preferably current forum Moderators (not members who hold no staff positions) - who will serve as forum Administrator. Remember that unlike Mods, forum Admins get to approve new users, which means that they get more control over the board settings than regular Mods.

There's only one rule: Please do NOT nominate yourself. Even if you believe you're the right person for the job, I would rather hear it from your peers.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by MT2008; 02-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Who are our current Mods and Admins? I remember someone posting a link to a list a long while back

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Congratulations Matt. Don't forget to visit sometime though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Who are our current Mods and Admins? I remember someone posting a link to a list a long while back
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Imfdb_:._g...Administrators

Nominations. main site,

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/User:Funkychinaman He's real active.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/User:Zackmann08 He hasn't been here as long as some others, but he does a shit load of work. A lot of it, most don't like doing. Converting list to table etc.

Those are two I can think of right now, they're several others worthy of a nom.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Congratulations!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 PM

I'll second the nomination of both of the above.

Funkychinaman has an excellent presence on the board and it seems that every time I log in that Zackmann has recently updated another article of some sort.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 PM

I'll third the two nominations above.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Formerly "Michael Westen"

Cool

I would really like to be an admin for the Chuck Pages. I slave over those because I LOVEEEEE that show. Chuck > Life.... Chuck = My Life O.o
My main site name is Sergei Titov
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Site Manager

I'm keeping an eye on this thread... this would not be the first time funkychinaman has been nominated... (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 AM

I'd nominate predator20 for Forum Admin. He's always reasonable, kind to users and knowledgeable about the site and firearms in general.

I'd also nominate Excalibur for Forum Admin since he's on frequently and can handle approving users.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Westen View Post
I would really like to be an admin for the Chuck Pages. I slave over those because I LOVEEEEE that show. Chuck > Life.... Chuck = My Life O.o
My main site name is Sergei Titov
It doesn't work like that. You're either an admin for the whole wiki, or you're not an admin.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.