imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-05-2013, 06:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelTomb View Post
Hey guys
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had gotten a Browning Hi Power...well, a lot of time has passed since then and there have been some...mods done to the gun. I tried to upload a picture of it but it doesn't seem to be working (?). I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'd be willing to email the pic to someone if they could upload it for me.
You could always just upload in on IMFDB and then put it here using the "insert image" button at the top of the forum text editor window. If you do that, make sure to put the image of the gun on your user page so it doesn't get deleted as an unused file though.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:59 AM

Thanks for the help commando552, got it uploaded. Here she is:
Old 08-06-2013, 04:12 AM

That's a nice Hi Power you've got there

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-06-2013, 04:18 AM

Thanks, I love it! I can guarantee it will never be sold. After a trip to Don Williams of The Action Works, I'd say it looks a lot better than the shitty beat up T-series I found when I first opened the box. Mods are as follows:
Beveled mag well
Heinie Slant Pro sights w/ gold bead in the front
Reliability package
Refinish in matte blue
Remove magazine disconnect
Wolff heavy duty recoil spring
Extended strong side safety catch

So far the gun has been utterly reliable (except for some hang ups with some RWS 85 grain frangible ammo-jammed in a Glock 19 as well) through about 300 rounds. I'm probably going to take it to a local smith for a trigger job and potentially swap out the trigger for a Garthwaite competition unit. Grips are handmade red oak.

Last edited by ColonelTomb; 08-06-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Hey guys
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had gotten a Browning Hi Power...well, a lot of time has passed since then and there have been some...mods done to the gun. I tried to upload a picture of it but it doesn't seem to be working (?). I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'd be willing to email the pic to someone if they could upload it for me.
I'll PM you my email address and you can send me the pictures. I can show you how to upload them as well for the future.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Thanks, I love it! I can guarantee it will never be sold. After a trip to Don Williams of The Action Works, I'd say it looks a lot better than the shitty beat up T-series I found when I first opened the box. Mods are as follows:
Beveled mag well
Heinie Slant Pro sights w/ gold bead in the front
Reliability package
Refinish in matte blue
Remove magazine disconnect
Wolff heavy duty recoil spring
Extended strong side safety catch

So far the gun has been utterly reliable (except for some hang ups with some RWS 85 grain frangible ammo-jammed in a Glock 19 as well) through about 300 rounds. I'm probably going to take it to a local smith for a trigger job and potentially swap out the trigger for a Garthwaite competition unit. Grips are handmade red oak.
Nice mods.
What was the turn around time with Don? Also why didn't you just have him do a trigger job?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Nice mods.
What was the turn around time with Don? Also why didn't you just have him do a trigger job?
Thanks. If memory serves me correct, turn around time was around 3-4 weeks. As for why I didn't have him do a trigger job...honestly I have no idea. For some reason I didn't even think about it until after I got the gun back and shot it some more. With the removal of the mag safety, the trigger is very smooth and crisp, however it rather heavy for a single action (~8 lbs would be my guess). That's what I would hope to remedy with the trigger job. I really wish I had went ahead and done the trigger job with Don because he has quite the reputation for putting a nice trigger on a Hi Power.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Good to know Action Works does good work. I really want to customize my Hi-Power but I'm not sure who to send it to, or what I even want. Most people don't do older style upgrades which I think would fit my tastes better. You've got yourself a nice modernized classic there.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 08-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Good to know Action Works does good work. I really want to customize my Hi-Power but I'm not sure who to send it to, or what I even want. Most people don't do older style upgrades which I think would fit my tastes better. You've got yourself a nice modernized classic there.
The Action Works absolutely does good work. I would wholeheartedly recommend Don for any work you want done on your Hi Power, given that he is very skilled, his turnaround times are (in my experience) short, and his prices are more than likely the most reasonable you are going to find for the quality.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 PM

I plan to get a new stock for my Norinco, some mags, and a new set of grips for the 459

http://www.introvertisland.com