imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default The IMFDB Podcast

I was thinking a couple days ago and I wonder what does everyone feel about a podcast for this site?

We all can get onto a program like Skype and just record something and post it on youtube under an official account for this site

We can have specific tops to talk about, try to have the armorers on the site be the guests and ask questions about how are things like in the movie business that involves the guns.

Thoughts anyone?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM

well Bunni does have an Official IMFDB Twitter account. Currently we just need an official Youtube page and a facebook group.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm just throwing ideas out here. We get at least 3 of us together and just record a conversation for about half an hour at least, we got a podcast. We would have bullet points of specific things to talk about each episode, maybe a music segment, promote a new movie, talk about a specific gun and our opinions on it and talk questions from the forum and answer them.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Site Manager

Hell yes? I'd like to do a test show before we release anything... and we need to get our hands on the imfdb youtube account...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Since Bunni owns the site, he should own the IMFDB account on youtube. Unless one of us volunteers to manage it.

I think it's pretty easy. We start off with it being simple. We ask for guys who wants to try out and do a test to see if it works. Since this is my idea, I will pitch in as much as I can, but we need at least 2 more guys and at least one of the armorers to talk with. We need at least 20 minutes of their time to ask questions and hear their stories.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Since Bunni owns the site, he should own the IMFDB account on youtube. Unless one of us volunteers to manage it.

I think it's pretty easy. We start off with it being simple. We ask for guys who wants to try out and do a test to see if it works. Since this is my idea, I will pitch in as much as I can, but we need at least 2 more guys and at least one of the armorers to talk with. We need at least 20 minutes of their time to ask questions and hear their stories.
No offense to their page making skills (which sometimes are AWESOME) if we end up with three fifteen year olds with baby faces and pimples ... I will officially walk out a shoot myself LOL.

Part of what makes us credible is that there is a vague perception that most of our members are industry professionals and talented amateur film historians. Though we have those, the vast majority of just regular fans. Like actually seeing who the voice actor is behind the face of your favorite animated character, sometimes it's an unpleasant shock.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
No offense to their page making skills (which sometimes are AWESOME) if we end up with three fifteen year olds with baby faces and pimples ... I will officially walk out a shoot myself LOL.

Part of what makes us credible is that there is a vague perception that most of our members are industry professionals and talented amateur film historians. Though we have those, the vast majority of just regular fans. Like actually seeing who the voice actor is behind the face of your favorite animated character, sometimes it's an unpleasant shock.
No video of the individual speaking. Just have a backdrop of screen caps of the subject being talked about. Viewers want to see guns, If I want to see a talking head I'll flip on Fox News or CNN.

Kind of like how on DVD commentaries you see what is playing as it is being discussed.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 10-23-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well that's what a podcast is. It's like a radio show. We're not doing videos unless some of us wants to use cameras. I'm about 25 years old, so I definitely am not a kid anymore and I like to think I have a good voice for radio.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well if a Podcast is not good, how about a Blog?

Old 11-25-2011, 11:01 PM

I am totally 100 percent down for a podcast or blog, either way. Pretty much all I do anyway is talk about guns and film, and I'd like to think I'm smart enough to hold a decent opinion but sincere and withholding enough to be polite about any particular subject if I need to be.