imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:42 PM

My HS had green mountain for a large 1 dollar. Drank coffee everyday there trough sophomore year, started driving junior year and that gave me time to make my own and bring a travel mug.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM

So apparently were gonna bomb libya. But what then? The rebels already got creamed, and are pretty much just a different group of bad guys, you know calling for sharia law and taking british soldiers hostage and that crap. Oh well maybe a bomb will finally hit quadaffi.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
So apparently were gonna bomb libya. But what then? The rebels already got creamed, and are pretty much just a different group of bad guys, you know calling for sharia law and taking british soldiers hostage and that crap. Oh well maybe a bomb will finally hit quadaffi.
While I don't disagree with you on this, I'm just curious...why do you feel this way about Libya, but NOT North Korea? (remember that other topic where you thought we needed to go in and take out the Kims?)

Also, anyone notice that France's Rafales are being used for the airstrikes? It's about time they finally got some use out of those damned things.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
i hope we fuck their shit up

and S&W:
i like the sig, its from evan wright's generation kill, that was a good book.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:43 PM

I want korea reunited under a southern korea style democracy. I think it could work. In libya, i see no hope. Quadaffi doesnt exactly have nukes either.

What im wondering, is okay, the UN bombs some stuff. What next? Do they even have along term plan?

On an unrelated note, gun shop madness:

Go in cabelas gun library. Guy and his wife had won a gun in a raffle and instantly go there to sell it. the guy sees a M&P-1522 pistol and goes "you sell uzis, how do you get away with that!" Then he says "whats the point of these people can actually get a licence to own one!"

The clerk tries to stay silent, an older gentleman. The customer was tallking in a raised voice the whole time like he wanted everyone to hear him. Then he sells the gun and goes "how much does a glock 9 cost!" The clerk said he doesn;t know off the top of his head but there are some in the gun counter (two separate rooms, gun library is more antiques/oddities) and the guy walks out the door saying "thats unnaceptable he works in a gun store and cant tell me what a glock 9 costs!" he then went to the gun counter, picked up a display rifle, and muzzle sweeped a few people, then aimed it and made a few bang noises. Im sure everyone was glad to see this douche leave.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
While I don't disagree with you on this, I'm just curious...why do you feel this way about Libya, but NOT North Korea? (remember that other topic where you thought we needed to go in and take out the Kims?)
Bomb everyone, everywhere.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
My HS had green mountain for a large 1 dollar. Drank coffee everyday there trough sophomore year, started driving junior year and that gave me time to make my own and bring a travel mug.
They tried giving us free coffee once, but my friends and I drank it all

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to paint the rebels the same as Qaddafi (it isn't as if they were intentionally trying to kidnap the Brits who more or less showed up unannounced when the rebellion had just broken out). As for claiming that they are all Islamists, that's pretty much how Qaddafi has been trying to characterize them, with no real evidence that it is a widespread sentiment.

Perhaps what's most interesting so far about this operation is probably how cynically people (on the internet at least) have been responding to it (compared to Iraq or Kosovo)
Old 03-20-2011, 12:24 PM

I think its weird we wait to start bombing after the rebels have already been creamed. Would of been useful before they'd been stomped on, right now were just breaking stuff and thats about it.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM

Today's my birthday party! I'm having Kentucky Fried Chicken.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Closed Thread