imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I heard about this. One of the things I think is going to be interesting to watch is how they balance between law enforcement and military counterinsurgency tactics, and what lessons they're applying not only from past experience, but also from Mexico's struggle against the cartels. It's really, REALLY tricky to fight gangs who use guerrilla tactics, and the LE/military tactical balance is delicate. BOPE has more experience in this type of combat than almost any other armed unit in the world (including the U.S.), but if they're working with Marines, then maybe they're throwing the book out on this op.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
do you always have to be negative?
Because launching a blitzkrieg against your most disadvantaged citizens is a good thing?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Corrected by removing bullshit and replacing it with what is really happening
This is just a bullshit bandaid solution to the larger problem while simultaneously being a disgusting dick waving display of power to make the rest of the world think Brazil is actually a habitable place. They did the same thing right before Live Earth and the Panamerican Games.

"Oh shit guys, the world is paying attention to us for something other than the rainforest and carnivale! Quick, blow up some lean-to's so it looks like we actually give a crap or something! IDK this whole running a country thing is pretty tough throw some more bullets at it!" (spoken in Portuguese of course)
Old 12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Btw, this operation was a sucess, the Alemao is safe now after 20 years. The next objective is the Rocinha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Because launching a blitzkrieg against your most disadvantaged citizens is a good thing?
Looks like you don´t know anything about Brazil. Acording to you, drug dealers and gangs are "disadvantaged citizens". Nice...
Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
Looks like you don´t know anything about Brazil. Acording to you, drug dealers and gangs are "disadvantaged citizens". Nice...
I know. Burt thinks this operation's objective is "kill all the poor people" for some reason

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I'd rather listen to the opinion of a person who's from South America than some jerk-off in L.A.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 PM

Is one of those guys in the top picture using one of those FALs chambered in 5.56? I want one of those

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 PM

*sarcasm* WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!!!!! burt is never wrong! why would you question him
Old 12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
If they weren't poor and living in shacks they wouldn't be selling drugs in the first place. Maybe things are different down there (I don't think they are) but generally people with money don't resort to crime. People with a secure position in society don't form street gangs.

And no this doesn't make it "safe" again. They've just created a vacuum that will shortly be filled by the next gang, and they're going to go into it even more violently then the last one. Unless they just bulldozed the entire favela and built proper housing over it. And even if they did that, they'd have a shitload of displaced impoverished people. Wonder what they would do to survive then? Oh right, commit more crimes.

I wouldn't stand for this crap in my own country, I'm not going to stand for it in somebody else's.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Is one of those guys in the top picture using one of those FALs chambered in 5.56? I want one of those
IMBEL MD97

http://world.guns.ru/assault/braz/imbel-md-97-e.html
Closed Thread