imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 09-03-2017, 08:39 PM

Default Six shooters at the pawn shop

Photo isn't mine but I saw these two guns at the local pawn shop in .45 Colt and .44 magnum. Both are listed for $450 and had the markings "Hill, Owings Mills Maryland on them". Can't find a google search result for them but I think its strange that that was the only markings on them besides the 3 digit serial numbers.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Photo isn't mine but I saw these two guns at the local pawn shop in .45 Colt and .44 magnum. Both are listed for $450 and had the markings "Hill, Owings Mills Maryland on them". Can't find a google search result for them but I think its strange that that was the only markings on them besides the 3 digit serial numbers.

Look sort of like customized Single Sixes to me. The built up top strap looks like a gunsmith job, maybe for strength, maybe for the adjustable sights. Polished off the factory markings while he was at it. Gunsmith built Blackhawk equivalent before the Blackhawk came out? Be interesting to see the lockwork.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Look sort of like customized Single Sixes to me. The built up top strap looks like a gunsmith job, maybe for strength, maybe for the adjustable sights. Polished off the factory markings while he was at it. Gunsmith built Blackhawk equivalent before the Blackhawk came out? Be interesting to see the lockwork.
Those are New Models (2 pins instead of 3 screws). Blackhawks were available before then. They look to me like the bottom gun is a blackhawk frame. Top could be a single six but i think it's the angle.