imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 AM

I saw an episode of cold case where they trace back the owners of a mac 10 to a crime, it starts out making sense. The gun was confinscated, an illegal gun. stolen off a truck of coninscated weapons by a corrupt driver. But then it had stupid stuff like it being sold at a gunshow booth to somebody, and they take it home for a little cash. This made no sense seeing its a machine gun. They were trying to make it look like american gunshows are some type of arms bazaar.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
They were trying to make it look like american gunshows are some type of arms bazaar.
If only we lived in a perfect world...

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

A Canadian television mini-series called "Guns". Aired in 2008. Looks to be anti-gun and anti-gun owner.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Boston Legal was a pretty good show regarding gun ownership.
I remember Denny Crane (William Shatner) saving the day at least twice just because he always carried firearms.(6-8 pistols on his person and a survival rifle in his office) I think that show was pretty well balanced and not so biased.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersoz View Post
Boston Legal was a pretty good show regarding gun ownership.
I remember Denny Crane (William Shatner) saving the day at least twice just because he always carried firearms.(6-8 pistols on his person and a survival rifle in his office) I think that show was pretty well balanced and not so biased.
Denny Crane shot a handcuffed pedophile in the thigh, claimed it was self defense, and then went on Larry King Live to brag about it. Balls. Of. Steel.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Denny Crane shot a handcuffed pedophile in the thigh, claimed it was self defense, and then went on Larry King Live to brag about it. Balls. Of. Steel.
Yes. Great episode. He should have shot him between the legs.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I saw an episode of cold case where they trace back the owners of a mac 10 to a crime, it starts out making sense. The gun was confiscated, an illegal gun, stolen off a truck of confiscated weapons by a corrupt driver. But then it had stupid stuff like it being sold at a gunshow booth to somebody, and they take it home for a little cash. This made no sense seeing its a machine gun. They were trying to make it look like american gunshows are some type of arms bazaar.
In the Guns TV miniseries made in Canada, American gunshows are made out to be "no questions asked" gun bazaars too--if you have plenty of cash and a fleet of straw buyers at your command. There is a fairly detailed segment where a gangster's girlfriend tries to get back into his good graces by organizing a straw-buying operation at an American gun show before smuggling the weaponry back into Canada.

The gunrunners situated in Canada in that miniseries also have a fairly sophisticated operation as well, with equipment capable of converting semi-auto firearms to fully automatic, along with tools to melt down any guns that are being actively traced by the Canadian law enforcement, IIRC. They even had plans to get some heavy firepower off of a corrupt American military base commander to send it off to some tin-pot dictator in Africa. So yeah, the American gun industry doesn't get off lightly in this production.

On the other hand, a motion picture like the original Red Dawn is one of the biggest pro-civilian-gun-ownership and training movies around, right?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
From Lethal Weapon 4

Honestly, its sad, but I dont consider this anti gun crap thrown into a movie, I consider it realism. I bet youd see this crap in a california police station.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Honestly, its sad, but I dont consider this anti gun crap thrown into a movie, I consider it realism. I bet youd see this crap in a california police station.
LAPD North Hollywood station has a picture of Larry Eugene Phillips Jr. hanging on the wall.

Last edited by BurtReynoldsMoustache; 02-05-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Have to call bullshit on that one. Many street level cops are not Anti gun. All the cops I KNOW personally would pitch a fit if that crap were in the police department officially and also the department's attorney would not allow it, being that it is damning evidence of bias if they EVER had a case regarding someone's guns (other than a violent crime).

It IS ANTI GUN CRAP. It WAS the doing of ULTRA LIBERAL IDIOT Richard Donner and his wife (who are some of the most left wing uber liberals in Hollywood) and people were making fun of it when the film was actually being made. At the time this was filming, I heard propmasters, art directors and fellow armorers snorting with contempt at the heavy handed politicking that the director (Donner) was forcing into the Lethal Weapon movies.

Richard Donner was one of those guys who SWORE he would leave the United States if George W. Bush got re-elected in 2004. And yet, none of those bozos who made that promise ever made GOOD on it. More proof that uber-Libs are liars