imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2017, 03:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Infinite Warfare isn't that bad. Like Advanced Warfare, the story mode actually has a lot of potential except unlike the miss opportunity to present a morally grey villain in Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare suffers from underdeveloped backstory. It can be compared to the show The Expanse about Earth vs Mars or...a ton of other fiction.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Infinite Warfare isn't that bad. Like Advanced Warfare, the story mode actually has a lot of potential except unlike the miss opportunity to present a morally grey villain in Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare suffers from underdeveloped backstory. It can be compared to the show The Expanse about Earth vs Mars or...a ton of other fiction.
I haven't played it yet, but it's definitely stretching the boundaries of a franchise that started out in WWII. I can understand why they'd want to attach the CoD name, it'll sell millions of copies on the name alone, but it also raises a lot of expectations. I wonder how well it would've done as its own franchise.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I haven't played it yet, but it's definitely stretching the boundaries of a franchise that started out in WWII. I can understand why they'd want to attach the CoD name, it'll sell millions of copies on the name alone, but it also raises a lot of expectations. I wonder how well it would've done as its own franchise.
Go ask Titanfall and Destiny

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-23-2017, 03:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Go ask Titanfall and Destiny
I was thinking of Titanfall when I was writing the post. Maybe it would've wound up a CoD title if Zampella and West hadn't been fired.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 02-24-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'd really like to see this followed up with a Red Hood movie, but it may involve too much backstory.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...irector-978737
Old 02-24-2017, 03:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I was thinking of Titanfall when I was writing the post. Maybe it would've wound up a CoD title if Zampella and West hadn't been fired.
But I think without the support of corporate, the first Titanfall was just a multiplayer experience and the sequel as a lot of tacked on tropes. Still kinda fun though. I loved the mech fighting throughout the game. I just wish they got a better story. How hard is it to have compelling characters, even if the character is supposed to be a career military guy. Military guys do have personalities.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
But I think without the support of corporate, the first Titanfall was just a multiplayer experience and the sequel as a lot of tacked on tropes. Still kinda fun though. I loved the mech fighting throughout the game. I just wish they got a better story. How hard is it to have compelling characters, even if the character is supposed to be a career military guy. Military guys do have personalities.
I'm a campaign guy, and the lack of a real campaign meant that I didn't play Titanfall for long.

I'm okay with games that are only multiplayer with no campaigns, just as long as we're not paying full price for them. You make half a game, we'll pay for half a game.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:05 PM

Anyone played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta? I'm loving it.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-26-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I'm a campaign guy, and the lack of a real campaign meant that I didn't play Titanfall for long.

I'm okay with games that are only multiplayer with no campaigns, just as long as we're not paying full price for them. You make half a game, we'll pay for half a game.
Well said. I too am more a single-player guy, so when I see that kind of thing also, well, bah. That said, I agree about doing something other than WWII. It's really done. I'd prefer to see some Cold War-era stuff or thereabouts also.

Anyway.. still having considerable trepidation about the upcoming Blade Runner sequel. Yet it's one of the few things I'm actually looking forward to. I can't win.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 02-26-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
That said, I agree about doing something other than WWII. It's really done. I'd prefer to see some Cold War-era stuff or thereabouts also.
They should do the Korean War. AFAIK, no one has, while WWII, Vietnam, and the modern age have been largely done to death.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman