imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 12-16-2016, 04:39 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Dude, you have a no idea. It shoots like some of the new M-9s I shot in the Army did. Or one of my buddy's P-229s.

Pretty nifty. Asked for a bunch of both factory S&W 15 rounder mags and Mec-Gar 17 rounders for it for Christmas.

I shoot high with it, but not terrible.

Cordell, I'm all about the high vis front sights. Screw the universe. It never provides when it is supposed to.

Also, thanks again for getting the picture posted.
Sure thing.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:10 PM

Picked up a pretty nice FN-made Browning Trombone in an online auction, after being snowed in and prevented from going to the big local gun show. It's a very early one, made about 1934. I've been wanting a vintage pump .22 for awhile, I'm doing a lot more .22 shooting lately (since I've been shooting with my girlfriend's dad in a farmyard, it's a little more appropriate than .303....) and my Cooey, while accurate, just isn't very nice. I understand Trombones are fairly uncommon in the US, since they were never imported there due to an agreement between Remington and FN. They're not common here, but they're not rare either. It's a John Moses Browning design and typically well made, makes a nice companion to my Woodsman!