imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-05-2009, 02:39 AM

Default Favorite Gun Pic Thread

Well, this is my favorite due to the fun it brings, I can shoot it all day and knock over shotgun shells at 50 yards just for fn. Its dead on accurate and eats anything i feed it. I love bringing out a friends centerfire, but seriously, Ican afford to shoot very long. Anyone (who hasn't read my profile) care to gess what it is? BTW, sad day, last time I get to shoot for the next........3 months!

And of course, post yours

WTF! Pic didnt attach....BRB Ill try again

Sorry guys, only have this link, hope itll do

[img]_th.[/img]

EDIT by Gunmaster45:

Using my admin powers to add the image.

Last edited by Gunmaster45; 06-05-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

My first plinker was a Remington Model 521 .22 long rifle bolt action. I had Lyman peep sights and could hit cans off a post all day, but now I've moved on to bigger and badder guns. I prefer target shooting with my super-duper custom Ruger 10/22 with a very large scope magnification, yardage adjustablility, and the ability to shoot a one-hole at 50 yards if the shooter is steady. I brought it to a .22 shooting match once and brought everyone to shame by shooting the paintballs off the posts as well as the golf balls and thumb tacks. That was a fun day...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 AM

My favorite rifle (that I personally own) is my Bushmaster AR-15. Say whatever you want about the AR. I know there are plenty of haters out there, but the ability to put rapid and accurate shots wherever I want, makes this my favorite rifle. It has also been 100% reliable. My AK-47 is really fun too but I gotta give the edge to the AR. The remainder of my rifles are fun as well but AR and AK are the top 2.

As far as pistols go, I have a much harder time deciding because I shoot them all a lot and they all fill different niches.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm getting a Bushmaster too! I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but it seems pretty awesome. But .223s are SO loud people in China call to complain. You can't shoot a gun like that as often as a .22 or even a 12 Gauge, (which I shoot both often) because it is about ten times louder. Same with 7.62x39mm rounds. I shot an SKS and I could hear the echo through my earmuffs.

I remember I fired three rounds from an AR-15 on a firing range once without ear plugs and it took me ten seconds before I could hear more than ringing.

BTW, I'll grab a shot of the M4A3 when I put the original forend back on and of course, purchase it (it's sitting at my grandparents house right now as my dad and the guy work it out.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 AM

I shoot mostly at an indoor range which makes it even louder. I wear earplugs and earmuffs over them. Works great. I also have a cabin I shoot at but I don't have any close neighbors to worry about noise.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 PM

223 never bothered me, but ive never taken my earmuffs off. The loudest ive had is when recoil knocked my hearing roection off and i was firing my friends shotgun.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Here's three shots of "Gladys" with a wooden stock, 16" barrel, and a 15 round magazine. The gun is too long for one shot, so that's why I need to use three.

I have more gun pics to show but lets just stop at this for a minute.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Didnt know they make a long barrel for an 1911

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Check this out, its beautiful!!!!!!!!!

I thought only the C96 had the "red 9" grips
not my gun though............I wish
Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Didnt know they make a long barrel for an 1911
Well they had to once they made the stock, because without the 16" barrel, you have a 5" barrel illegal carbine.