imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2017, 08:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
The official DVD release date is the one that counts for us, and that doesn't come until June 13th.
Edit: Okay, the rules say VOD release date, but I use the DVD release date to officially roll pages from Now Showing to Incomplete.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

I've been trying to play Fallout 4 again, but I really have no clue what I'm doing.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-02-2017, 08:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Edit: Okay, the rules say VOD release date, but I use the DVD release date to officially roll pages from Now Showing to Incomplete.
Odd old rule since the digital release date is practically an official release date. Just that they now do it way before the physical copy coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I've been trying to play Fallout 4 again, but I really have no clue what I'm doing.
I just had a new computer built and it detected everything to max setting...awesome times ahead.

Where are you stuck at?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-04-2017, 11:07 AM

I just bought Witcher 1 & 2 because they were on sale altogether for less than $5. Hoping I like them

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-05-2017, 02:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I just bought Witcher 1 & 2 because they were on sale altogether for less than $5. Hoping I like them
Try to skim through the first game. It has a good lore but like games of it's time, not that good in terms of gameplay but the sequels, 2 and 3 are awesome.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-12-2017, 03:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

E3 trailers are coming in. I'm actually interested in the new Metro game and the new Wolfenstein

Old 06-22-2017, 03:41 AM

The new Wolfenstein game looks pretty damn awesome. And I'm also excited for the new Metro game.

Quote:
Try to skim through the first game. It has a good lore but like games of it's time, not that good in terms of gameplay but the sequels, 2 and 3 are awesome.
I REALLY love the third game. It ranks up as my favorite RPG of all time.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-26-2017, 03:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

So, with the Steam sale going on, I bought The Division to give it a try again. Still remembering it had a lot of potential but a nice way to waste my time.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So, with the Steam sale going on, I bought The Division to give it a try again. Still remembering it had a lot of potential but a nice way to waste my time.
I liked the concept (especially being a junkie for the post-apocalypse and open world genres), but being someone who prefers to play solo, I didn't care for it being tailored specifically toward multiplayer.

And even on the lowest difficulty level, even the weakest enemies are monstrous bullet sponges. I remember the first (and only) boss I encountered and thinking "Great mother of Zeus!" when I finally defeated him after dying at least a dozen times.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I liked the concept (especially being a junkie for the post-apocalypse and open world genres), but being someone who prefers to play solo, I didn't care for it being tailored specifically toward multiplayer.

And even on the lowest difficulty level, even the weakest enemies are monstrous bullet sponges. I remember the first (and only) boss I encountered and thinking "Great mother of Zeus!" when I finally defeated him after dying at least a dozen times.
Apparently, they have since patched the game a few times that going solo isn't as bad. Most of the time, you need to take it more slowly. There are guides to building a solo specific player and thankfully, there's no service you have to pay for on the PC.

The game is mostly a pick your battles kind of thing if you are going solo. Use all the tools as often as you can and watch your flank because enemies will try to get behind you. A lot of the AI is somewhat realistic. They will try to rush you and stay behind cover if you are suppressing them.