imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Ultimagameboy

Default Help for a new member.

Hey guys I found this site a few days ago through a link on GameFAQs and it's awesome! I searched for the film The Proposition (John Hillcoat, 2005) and found there wasn't a page.

It was on last night so I thought I'd sign up and do my part. I used the help page and got it started but it stops at the meat and potatoes! I understand people are busy, anyway I tried to e-mail someone but I have to confirm my address but there's no e-mail!

So I came on here and read some posts about there being some problems due to a server change or something, so that's probably why . . .

Anyway so we come to the actual question I have about my page: what's the best way to get movie screenshots for uploading? I'm assuming they are done using the same method used for the cover poster?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Screencap the movie with VLC media player. You can find the official VLC site with Google. I hope someone can tell you how to use VLC. Anyway, when you screencap the movie, use the standard.

Look at this page:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Black_Hawk_Down

This page uses the standard. Use it or else the page will be incomplete.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Ultimagameboy

My page is marked as lack of effort and may be deleted

It's not that I'm being lazy I just couldn't continue because the help page is incomplete . . .

I can't get the screen shots myself so does anyone know of any good places to search for images?

Also, I only have a basic knowledge of firearms but I assumed that if I got the images and put what I think it is, someone with more knowledge would just be able to clarify and edit (if needed) for corrections/ additional information. Will it just get flagged as incorrect and nominated for deletion?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimagameboy View Post

It's not that I'm being lazy I just couldn't continue because the help page is incomplete . . .

I can't get the screen shots myself so does anyone know of any good places to search for images?

Also, I only have a basic knowledge of firearms but I assumed that if I got the images and put what I think it is, someone with more knowledge would just be able to clarify and edit (if needed) for corrections/ additional information. Will it just get flagged as incorrect and nominated for deletion?
If no screencaps show up in a certain amount of time, it gets DELETED. That's not a permanent thing, of course, but we don't tolerated EMPTY pages for long. The entire point of the page is to show where and when the weapons appear in the film. Also if another person who has seen the film and bought/rented the DVD can help, that's great. I have NOT seen the movie, and I for one, don't see the need for a placeholder. There are tons of films which 'should be here' but aren't because they dont' have screencaps.

Hmmmm. I think if screencaps are iminent, then the OP should post that they are coming. If they have no ability to screencap then they should wait (to make the page in the first place) until they do, or someone else caps the page for them.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 11-12-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimagameboy View Post

Why can't you get the screencaps? Just do what I said in my first post on this thread.

Also, it was me who tagged the page .