imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Many of you guys are missing the point completely. He's mocking people who spend endless time extolling their favorite weapons while putting down other people's preferences. What he's saying is that gun owners need to just agree, "To each his own."

This is the kind of thing S&WShooter (the dude on IMFDB who constantly posts on weapons pages how much he hates those guns) needs to read. Oh, yeah, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
the .25 acp begs to be hated and isn't up there.
Dude, that's all you can say? Surely, you concede that he's addressing people like you. After all, you always talk about how ARs are shit and how the FAL and M14 are the perfect battle rifles.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:08 AM

I see this whole post originally made as a way to joke about guns and calibers, half the time hes saying "its not black so it cant be good since black=tactical."

DSA FAL=one fun gun
m1a=one accurate gun

Im a big fan of each, and many other guns on the list. I can say however, taht i really don't like .25 acp. Most guns in it are crap (raven, lorcin, friends mom had a titan taht was effectively a single shot the way it jams) and you can get a .32 in the same size. or a ruger lcp. Not to mention .25 is known to bounce off skulls.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:15 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Im a big fan of each, and many other guns on the list. I can say however, taht i really don't like .25 acp. Most guns in it are crap (raven, lorcin, friends mom had a titan taht was effectively a single shot the way it jams) and you can get a .32 in the same size. or a ruger lcp. Not to mention .25 is known to bounce off skulls.
*SIGH* You're STILL missing the point. Of course he's ignoring .25 ACP because it's a moot point - there's already a consensus amongst firearms enthusiasts that .25 ACP sucks. Have you ever heard anyone arguing over the Internet whether .25 ACP or .45 ACP is a better caliber? I sure as fuck haven't.

The point of the entire piece is to mock popular weapons/calibers that people DO like, and that people argue over. His approach is using hyperbole to make everyone's favorite weapon/caliber sound like crap. The key is this line right here:

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the following is my analysis based upon the wisdom of numerous gun board gurus (you know them, they're always the first ones to tell you a particular model gun is "junk" and enlighten you as to why they have made the only logical purchases)...

Last edited by MT2008; 11-19-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 AM

Ive heard people say a beretta jetfire is better than a .32...But I do see its amocking thread. I here so much stuff like this on gun forums.

"Glocks will explode in your hand"
"well sig has an alloy fram that will crack when you shoot it"
"My hi point is a virtual copy of an hk usp"
"if you carry condition one youll shoot yourself"

it goes on and on.....i saw a 10 page thread on why the .22 pocket gun is the best choice for CC....
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Ive heard people say a beretta jetfire is better than a .32...But I do see its amocking thread. I here so much stuff like this on gun forums.

"Glocks will explode in your hand"
"well sig has an alloy fram that will crack when you shoot it"
"My hi point is a virtual copy of an hk usp"
"if you carry condition one youll shoot yourself"

it goes on and on.....i saw a 10 page thread on why the .22 pocket gun is the best choice for CC....
Right, so the lesson is...to each his own. Simple, isn't it?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 AM

Yeah, gun forums can be an interesting place, i dont recall the frames on those 229s cracking, and i know plenty of satisfied glock owners with hands intact. One gy told me my savage was junk at the range recently.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
*SIGH* You're STILL missing the point. Of course he's ignoring .25 ACP because it's a moot point - there's already a consensus amongst firearms enthusiasts that .25 ACP sucks. Have you ever heard anyone arguing over the Internet whether .25 ACP or .45 ACP is a better caliber? I sure as fuck haven't.

The point of the entire piece is to mock popular weapons/calibers that people DO like, and that people argue over. His approach is using hyperbole to make everyone's favorite weapon/caliber sound like crap. The key is this line right here:
Yeah. Looks like we don't have a sense of humor. Oh, well.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I sure as fuck haven't.
JEEEEZUUUS Christ! Holy Moley MT2008! Watch your language. There's children around here.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I here so much stuff like this on gun forums.
Maybe that's why I didn't see it was mere mocking, then. This is actually the only gun forum I'm currently on (though I used to frequent MP.net, until a moderator banned me because he got mad that I liked the MRP more than the HK416).

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post

JEEEEZUUUS Christ! Holy Moley MT2008! Watch your language. There's children around here.
Why, don't take the lord's name in vain. Watch your language. And I think we're all adults here. I said it before that swears are justified if you are in that particular angry mood for it. Random swears for the same of adding spice to your writing doesnt mean you can swear a storm up.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

To be honest, my use of the F-word was a bit gratuitous in that particular instance.

Anyway, Oliveira, I've said before that I don't have any moral objections to swearing per se. I swear all the time myself. However, I've told you before that what I object to, in YOUR case, is that you swear in ways that are hideously, embarrassingly awkward. If you're going to swear, you can at least do it like an adult, which means you do so sparingly enough for it to be effective. This is, after all, an adult site, so all I'm saying is, don't act like a kid.