imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 AM

A guy at a local gunshow was charging 100 bucks a mag to rent his deegle 50, and he was making bank. People were lining up to fire "that gun from the matrix."
Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Still, that doesn't mean the gun sucks per say, just the guy who owns it was a con artist asshole who considered it a big neon sign syaing he has a bigger dick than you. He's the worst type of person who owns Desert Eagles.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
And Matt, I think the muzzle flash would depend on what time it was. During a nice sunny day you wouldn't see much flame, but as the sun sets it gets very noticable, and by night, it's like a milisecond flamethrower!
It's an indoor range. But yeah, I should have figured that Clutch meant at night.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
It's an indoor range. But yeah, I should have figured that Clutch meant at night.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. One of those loaded with full-power blanks at night is probably like a seven-shot flashbang grenade.

God help whoever's wearing NVGs when one of them goes off nearby.

"Hey, we got a guy with a .50 here--OH GOD, MY EYES! THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!!!"

...I couldn't resist.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I personally don't hate the Desert Eagle with a passion, but I've held a couple in my hand, the .44 and the .50 and they were just huge. I prefer a 1911 type for the fact that it doesn't weigh as much as a submachine gun. Maybe if I have the money I'll get one to hang on my wall as a nice piece to look at, but I'm not really going shooting on the range with this beast or carry it for conceal.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM

It's funny how someone commented on Showdown in little Tokyo that someone of Dolph Lungren's size could only bee shown with a Desert Eagle as their handgun. Well given that the man is 6'5" tall and about 250 pounds....The pistol fits his sheer mass. I mean I have dated women who are about 5' tall and shoot I also have friends who are 6'4"+ and about three hundered pounds. The handguns that fit a small girlfriend are simply put too small for my larger friends. As for some of the larger weapons that are comfortable with my larger friends even I found the weapons a bit too big.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I think it is still a fun gun to own if you want to shoot magnum rounds without nursing your thumb webbing and wrist back to health and want a decent hunting handgun.

It's heavy, yes, but that kind of helps handle that massive recoil. The .50 AE is not necessarily an incredible round, but it is very powerful and it means something when you can actually fire the round with some control. Also, .357 Magnums and .44 Magnums are a breeze to shoot through one, according to what a few guys I know say.
Everyone I've talked to who owned a DE wound up getting rid of it. The impression I get from talking to enough people is that the novelty wears off pretty fast. There are a lot of guns that are fun to shoot, but after a while, their lack of practicality sets in. That's the issue with the Eagle - once you've had fun with it, what you're left with is a huge paper weight that has little practical use (even in hunting) and cost you a ridiculous amount of money. It's little "bang for the buck".

Also, there's a good reason why the handgun market turned away from Magnum-caliber, low-capacity pistols to lighter, high-capacity, smaller-caliber 9mms and .40-caliber pistols. So the fact that the DE can shoot Magnum cartridges at all (let alone with little recoil) winds up being kind of irrelevant.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM

It was created by Israel to intimidate the Nazis.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Cz-52s are fun, and dirt cheap. Why buy a deeg?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well, the agents in the Matrix weren't using CZ-52s, that's why!

Anyway, a CZ-52 can defeat soft body armor, so I'd use that over a DE anyday. I was just trying to defend it from total abuse.