imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 AM

Default Frag-12 HE shotgun shell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdzwODyafg

man that is so nice, just think about it -you could load your typical shotgun with this and they'd have no idea you were basically packing a pump action grenade launcher.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

The ones being fired looked like they had some sting to them but I want to see them fire the more powerful rounds that make a REAL grenade explosion.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdzwODyafg

man that is so nice, just think about it -you could load your typical shotgun with this and they'd have no idea you were basically packing a pump action grenade launcher.
Yeah you carry your shotgun and I'll borrow the EX-41 prototype. then we can see the differance between a shotgun fireing explosive slugs and a real grenade launcher.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Yeah you carry your shotgun and I'll borrow the EX-41 prototype. then we can see the differance between a shotgun fireing explosive slugs and a real grenade launcher.
It's not so much the weapon that intrigues me but that you can load these explosive slugs into a shotgun just like any other shell.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:07 AM

Default Compare both of it

Deleteddeleteddeleted

Last edited by zzang1847; 01-12-2024 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:39 AM

Come on guys, the EX-41 was a prototype from the 60s. They abandoned stand-alone grenade launchers like that for a reason - soldiers have to carry enough kit without adding a whole second longarm to the mix.

I know the USMC has bought the M32, and that's ok for mounted troops, but I'd hate to see light infantry saddled with them.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Come on guys, the EX-41 was a prototype from the 60s. They abandoned stand-alone grenade launchers like that for a reason - soldiers have to carry enough kit without adding a whole second longarm to the mix.

I know the USMC has bought the M32, and that's ok for mounted troops, but I'd hate to see light infantry saddled with them.
Nyles,
I hate to nitpic but the China Lake Launcher was the experimental pump-action Grenade launcher from the 1960's. The EX-41 was a high velocity pump action weapon from the mid 1990's. Some idiot mixed up the nomenclature and now you have alot of people calling the weapons by the wrong names.

I know I'm useing Wikipedia but I hace confirmed most of the info from various sources.

China Lake Grenade Launcher

EX-41 Grenade Launcher
Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Nah, I wouldn't take the EX-41. I prefer the M32. 6 rounds of semi auto grenade fire.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM

There was one big advantage to the EX-41 that I know of. I had a friend of mine ask Kevin Dockerty about the system and I got some interesting information. Ever see a shoulder fired grenade launcher hit a target out to 1,200m accuratly. Standalone systems should be used to suplement more conventionally armed forces. Sort of like keeping an M79 in the turret of a Humvee on point to disable suspected IEDs. The M32 is a supression weapon great for driving opponants out from cover and into direct fire. the EX-41 could be concidered a "pocket mortar" due to it's large effective range.