imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2010, 06:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

All jokes aside, telling folks to MOVE is idiotic. Like that's a likely scenario, especially when our job is in a place like California.

For those of you who already live in Gun friendly states. Good for you. They're not gun friendly BECAUSE OF YOU. You guys just happen to live there. It's pure happenstance.

I despise the losers who RAN AWAY from a formally great state like California, versus stayed to fight. For those of you who already live elsewhere. You are lucky. But there are reasons so many of use still live in Kalifornistan.

There are a bunch of lawsuits ready to go as a result of the SC rulings against California's laws. Woo Hoo. At least I'm here to see the fight.

Edit: It's ironic. Even though we have some of the most draconian laws in the nation, Californians STILL have tons more guns than any individual resident and more collectively than all the other states individually (except perhaps for Texas). EVERY Californian I know has at least 5-12 guns. I know dozens of Californians who have really high end collections with high priced firearms. I always hear from guys in South Dakota as to how free they are, but they have a pitiful gun collection. What's up with that? Before I even started doing any sort of movie work, I had at least 200 guns personally.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 07-16-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
All jokes aside, telling folks to MOVE is idiotic. Like that's a likely scenario, especially when our job is in a place like California.

For those of you who already live in Gun friendly states. Good for you. They're not gun friendly BECAUSE OF YOU. You guys just happen to live there. It's pure happenstance.

Doesn't mean we can't crow about it. Californians love to tell us how we live in backwards states and just don't have enough of the pretty things. So when we get a chance to engage in turnabout....

I despise the losers who RAN AWAY from a formally great state like California, versus stayed to fight. For those of you who already live elsewhere. You are lucky. But there are reasons so many of use still live in Kalifornistan.

I know many former Californians who now live in Idaho. Many of them are okay though there are a few who are busy trying to make things "better" in the Californian way. Wish they would have stayed.

There are a bunch of lawsuits ready to go as a result of the SC rulings against California's laws. Woo Hoo. At least I'm here to see the fight.

And all kidding and ribbing aside I hope you guys win. Personally I would love to see jerks like Feinstein and Boxer get kicked in the teeth.Nothing would make me happier than to see SF and LA get told that they are violating the Constitution.

Edit: It's ironic. Even though we have some of the most draconian laws in the nation, Californians STILL have tons more guns than any individual resident and more collectively than all the other states individually (except perhaps for Texas). EVERY Californian I know has at least 5-12 guns. I know dozens of Californians who have really high end collections with high priced firearms. I always hear from guys in South Dakota as to how free they are, but they have a pitiful gun collection. What's up with that? Before I even started doing any sort of movie work, I had at least 200 guns personally.
I have twenty-five. I just counted. Some of my best pieces are ones I recently picked up in the past couple years. Perhaps the economy has caused some folks to part with their collections? I wonder if some of the hard to find specimens I now own used to be owned by Californians? No denying that California has much within it's borders. I try not to be too much of a hypocrite. After all I do like movies and if that isn't one of the major products of California I don't know what is.

Last edited by Jcordell; 07-16-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
I have twenty-five. I just counted. Some of my best pieces are ones I recently picked up in the past couple years. Perhaps the economy has caused some folks to part with their collections? I wonder if some of the hard to find specimens I now own used to be owned by Californians? No denying that California has much within it's borders. I try not to be too much of a hypocrite. After all I do like movies and if that isn't one of the major products of California I don't know what is.
Yes, I've picked up 62 pieces recently, mostly liquidated collections. I just picked up a WW1 Luger because the guy was broke. Unfortunate for him, but that's life. Yes, it's ridiculous to move out of California and attempt to get a job in the movie industry in .... Wyoming or whatever. Not so much on THIS forum, but a lot of the other gun forums have guys saying for everyone to move OUT. That's easy to say if I (a) didn't have a region specific JOB here and (b) didn't already own the house I live in and (c) have elderly relatives I have to look in on or care for who live close by. A lot of guys on those other forums just don't think before they post.

Query: Why did you BOLD your entire quote?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Good lord. How many now, blank converted and live fire?

I have 16 which isn't all that much, but I only started buying guns 2 years ago.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Yes, I've picked up 62 pieces recently, mostly liquidated collections. I just picked up a WW1 Luger because the guy was broke. Unfortunate for him, but that's life. Yes, it's ridiculous to move out of California and attempt to get a job in the movie industry in .... Wyoming or whatever. Not so much on THIS forum, but a lot of the other gun forums have guys saying for everyone to move OUT. That's easy to say if I (a) didn't have a region specific JOB here and (b) didn't already own the house I live in and (c) have elderly relatives I have to look in on or care for who live close by. A lot of guys on those other forums just don't think before they post.

Query: Why did you BOLD your entire quote?
I was playing around.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 PM

I live in Indiana, and Indiana is a red state (much to my mom's chargin'). So they are apathetic to gun laws.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I live in Indiana, and Indiana is a red state (much to my mom's chargin'). So they are apathetic to gun laws.
But I live at the border of Indiana and Illinois so I have a lot relatives in Chicago and I have to go visit them all the time. I can't take my gun anywhere in Chicago, but at least I am safe in Indiana.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”