imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
"...nightmare fantasy scenario." I think I pointed that out about a dozen posts ago.

Ideally, I'd want to use a lightsaber. With that and Force-lightning, this zombie outbreak would be over in hours.
you, shut up, sillbunz shut up
there.....problem solved
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
"...nightmare fantasy scenario." I think I pointed that out about a dozen posts ago.

Ideally, I'd want to use a lightsaber. With that and Force-lightning, this zombie outbreak would be over in hours.
If that's the case, then I choose the antizombie twig. Whole apocalypse is over in minutes.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
you, shut up, sillbunz shut up
there.....problem solved
Oh, that's your solution for everything...
Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
If there's a movie that says you can stop a zombie by immobilizing the bone structure, then so be it. That's all you had to say. "According to movie X, you can do it." But don't say, "because it works on a human, it works on a zombie," or "science says so," The question remains, what is a zombie? Are your "zombies" fast, like in the new Dawn of the Dead, or slow, like in all the other Romero movies. I didn't say they couldn't "die" I just said you have to define how to kill them, and that definition can't come from science.

But fine, let's just assume that you can stop one with a bone injury and that it would stop coming at you, bleeding out perhaps. You've got six mags for each weapon, good for 240 rounds. (6x30 + 6x10, in case you wanted to just curse some more instead of doing the math) So what happens after 240 rounds?

The weapons I listed were for slow zombies that can only by stopped by damaging the brain. (See how I defined the threat there?) For a slow moving, yet small target, a shotgun would work better than a rifle, and the fact that I can load and fire one round at a time relatively quickly, means that I can hold out as long as I have ammo, rather than as long as I have mags. If I have to deal with quick moving zombies, I might go with the same mix. A spine is still a small target, and aiming below center mass isn't natural, so I'd probably forget to do it in the heat of the moment. So we're talking about a sightly larger target, but now moving much faster. I'd also swap out the tomahawk for my sharpened entrenching tool, you can inflict more blunt head trauma that way.
First of all, magazines are re-loadable. This amount is enough to hold me off until I would find more ammunition, not fight off all the zombies. With a pump action shotgun, reloading one by one is SLOOOW, compared to a magazine fed rifle that is semi automatic that shoots a .308 cal. I can let off more accurate shots from a further range. If it's close, I'm trained by the United States Army Infantry to react fast and shoot accurately at the same time. Also I can reload in short periods of time like 1-3 seconds rather than 30 seconds. One .308 will knock down a zombie no problem, giving me enough time to escape. So would a buck shot but you have 8+1 at the most. What would you do if they were closing in fast and you run out of ammo on the shotgun? Use your revolver? After 6 shots, then what? You picked the 2 slowest reloading weapons and you except the zombies to wait for you to reload? You might as well you a bolt action LOL! I will live thanks to my "stupid" magazines, and you will die reliably with faithful pump action and you revolver.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
First of all, magazines are re-loadable. This amount is enough to hold me off until I would find more ammunition, not fight off all the zombies. With a pump action shotgun, reloading one by one is SLOOOW, compared to a magazine fed rifle that is semi automatic that shoots a .308 cal. I can let off more accurate shots from a further range. If it's close, I'm trained by the United States Army Infantry to react fast and shoot accurately at the same time. Also I can reload in short periods of time like 1-3 seconds rather than 30 seconds. One .308 will knock down a zombie no problem, giving me enough time to escape. So would a buck shot but you have 8+1 at the most. What would you do if they were closing in fast and you run out of ammo on the shotgun? Use your revolver? After 6 shots, then what? You picked the 2 slowest reloading weapons and you except the zombies to wait for you to reload? You might as well you a bolt action LOL! I will live thanks to my "stupid" magazines, and you will die reliably with faithful pump action and you revolver.
If you had read my posts or knew anything about shotguns, you would've known that with most pump shotguns, you don't have to load the magazine to fire it. Just open the breech, drop a shell into the ejection port, close the breech, and fire. If you do that, you can fire as long as you have shells. See the videos below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrlsElWfnC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgi4qR8KOk
Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
First of all, magazines are re-loadable.

... you except the zombies to wait for you to reload?
How long does it take YOU to reload a thirty round mag? (And remember, you chose fast zombies.)
Old 09-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Shotguns can use speedloaders, all the convenience of a magazine while retaining the versatility of manual reloading.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
First off. When most GUYS think of Vampires, they think of Buffy or Dracula. Not the sparkling faggots.

That's not the current "popular" interpretation of Vampire. Never EVER mention Twilight in this forum...ever again

I guess you're right about confusing supernatural and mythological.
I should note that is an offensive and derogatory term, it's best you don't use it on the site. No arguments on it, I don't care where you stand on the issue, it's a derogatory term regardless.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I should note that is an offensive and derogatory term, it's best you don't use it on the site. No arguments on it, I don't care where you stand on the issue, it's a derogatory term regardless.
"lame (cripples), dumb(mutes), and retard(mentally retarded)" are also regarded as offensive & derogatory......As is the origin of most insults...
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Is that the series where they can't even kill the zombies?

It's also the one that introduced zombies that say "brains"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Closed Thread