imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-12-2013, 04:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I just read an article calling it Battlefield: Godzilla

Anyway, has anyone seen this new Tom Cruise movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-13-2013, 12:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I didn't notice a difference in the role.
The roar sounds similar, but it's definitely a bit different (at least before the reverberation). Even Emmerich's Godzilla had a roar that more closely matched the classic Gojira.

(Disclaimer: I don't terribly care about the roar being different; I'm only pointing out that the difference is such that I can imagine fanboys who are more Aspergian than myself feeling differently.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I just read an article calling it Battlefield: Godzilla
Are you talking about this?

Last edited by MT2008; 12-13-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Honestly, I am just going to end up watching it. As long as I get entertained out of it. I am not that big of a Godzilla fan

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Leslie Nielsen was funny due to how well he played it straight. I don't know if Ed Helms can pull that off.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013...d-helms-reboot
Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Terminator casting news:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/emil...h-connor-role/
Old 12-16-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Too bad they can't get one of the FOUR previous John Connors to reprise his role.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well it's a reboot so we'd need someone to play the role of Micheal Bein. Future adult John Connor would only be a cameo unless the movie's going to take place in both the future and the past.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well it's a reboot so we'd need someone to play the role of Micheal Bein. Future adult John Connor would only be a cameo unless the movie's going to take place in both the future and the past.
It would have to take place in the future and the past if Emilia Clarke is going to play Sarah Connor. Jason Clarke is old enough to be her father. (No relation that I'm aware of though.)
Old 12-18-2013, 02:55 AM

Just saw the Jack Ryan trailer. No wonder Tom Clancy died. He was too embarrassed by tgis upcoming monstrosity.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Just saw the Jack Ryan trailer. No wonder Tom Clancy died. He was too embarrassed by tgis upcoming monstrosity.
I know. The movie is so not Jack Ryan it's incredible. Here's my nerdrage, reposted from the forum I originally posted it on:

Quote:
Engage nerdrage rant mode ON

Did someone forget that Jack Ryan is a New England (Possible Boston) Catholic and very much NOT Chris Pine?

Somebody forget that he was a Marine for a few months (helicopter crash ended that)? That he's fought not-IRA on the streets of London and in his own house? That Cathy knows he's CIA?
That he personally recruited a Medal Of Honor-winning MH-53 pilot and his crew to rescue American black-ops soldiers in Columbia? That he personally manned a Minigun in a hot LZ, providing suppressing fire the whole time? That he promised the dying crew chief he'd send all of his kids to college? And did so?
That he figured out the entire Red October plot in a couple minutes, then made first contact with Raimus? That he shot it out in the missile room with a GRU agent and won? He was driving when Red October rammed the other sub?
That he defused a nuclear crisis (as in, WWIII in five minutes)with the USSR by hijacking the Hot Line to say "Hi" to a Russian he'd met once?

He's killed at least 3 other people in armed, face-to-face shootouts and shot a Minigun at a lot more.

Ryan was never a field agent, he was an analyst who went out in the field a couple times. Once for the Red October, once to help a defector escape, once to get the KGB head to defect. He was there when the Pope was shot, holding a gun on the second gunman.

He's happily married to an eye surgeon and it's a series-long running gag that every time they go on vacation, she get pregnant. "Must be something about strange hotel rooms" The hotel-room gag is deliberately invoked in The Sum Of All Fears.

He's a Marine-trained, very lucky badass who's friends with John Clark, an ex-SEAL with a Navy Cross (later upgraded to the MoH), and Domingo "Ding" Chavez, a light-infantry ninja who joined the CIA after Columbia. The Prince of Whales owns Jack his life, and Robby Jackson is a shotgun-wielding F-14 pilot.

THIS IS A HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A JACK RYAN MOVIE!!!

Nerdrage rant mode OFF