imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 09-04-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Delta shooters are allowed to use their own personal sidearms, at least according to Eric Haney's book.
I believe they are supposed to go out and buy a 1911 and the gov't reimburses them

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Delta shooters are allowed to use their own personal sidearms, at least according to Eric Haney's book.
Some guy told me Delta operators are allowed to carry any kind of loaded firearm on commercial flights.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Yeah, there's alot of that "some guy said" or "everyone knows" when it comes to military sidearms, espescially with SOF, but alot of it is just internet stories.

No western army is going to allow it's line troops carry something that's not standard-issue, that is a logistic and legal nightmare. The only SOF organizations I've ever worked with were SAS, US SEALS and Canadian groups I'd rather not name. They all had P226s, and they were all issued.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Yeah, there's alot of that "some guy said" or "everyone knows" when it comes to military sidearms, espescially with SOF, but alot of it is just internet stories.

No western army is going to allow it's line troops carry something that's not standard-issue, that is a logistic and legal nightmare. The only SOF organizations I've ever worked with were SAS, US SEALS and Canadian groups I'd rather not name. They all had P226s, and they were all issued.
Living in fear of the big bad Canadians are we?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post

That's because the P226 is fucking awesome

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker6686 View Post
As i heard today they still have They didn't replace all G3s oder P1s.

The difference between the P38 and the P1 is afaik not a really big one, in case the P1 is a modificated p38, but the P38 has a steel grip and the P1 a grip made of lightmetal
I've got a weird P38. It obviously has the alloy slide, but it's stamped P38.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Some guy told me Delta operators are allowed to carry any kind of loaded firearm on commercial flights.
And just how do you think they get pass security and metal detectors at the airports? Do they just wave a badge that saids, I'm spec ops and yes I got a gun.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-04-2010, 01:35 AM

Post-war commercial guns with the alloy frame were still marked P.38, military / police production was marked P1.

And I don't reference the Canadian groups by name because I'm in the Canadian military and I actually care about OPSEC. It's in the public domain that Canadian SOF uses the P226, so I'll say that, but what units I worked with and when I did it doesn't need to be on IMFDB.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
And just how do you think they get pass security and metal detectors at the airports? Do they just wave a badge that saids, I'm spec ops and yes I got a gun.
I asked him and that was literally his answer.

Last edited by BurtReynoldsMoustache; 09-04-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
I asked him and that was literally his answer.
He sounds alot like I guy I know who claims to have worked Marine Intelligence in Somalia. His stories have lots of nice big holes in it that I could drive a LAV-25 through. Stuff like as intelligence he went out to personally figure out where the Warlords Commo shacks were or that he personally confirmed that warload leadership was meeting so that Airsupport could waste the lot of them....Well the warlord leadership thing happened but his details are well off from what is publically available.