imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-29-2012, 04:38 AM

I got to hold and play with a "real" HK 416 in the sandbox. I sorta went "meh" and handed it back to the guy. Now, what really made me smile was seeing MG-3s mounted atop German vehicles.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 PM

Thought I'd give the thread a kick in the stones with my attempt at a MK.46 Mod.1:

And then decided to tart it up a bit:

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 AM

Here's my old Mk 46 Mod 1 preset. I left the bipod off because I've seen pics of SEALs using them without and because it generally makes the gun look sleeker, more (in mall ninja speak) "high speed, low drag".

A Medal of Honor: Warfighter-inspired M4A1 CQBR build based on Preacher's DDM4 MK18 in the final level.

As you can see here and with the 416 I posted last, I'm switching to darker-colored, high-detail presets for most of my builds.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 01-03-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM

I've made a new SR8/G36C Hybrid from an Early Maria Murphy story of mine.

Lucky for me I found an SR8 Stock on Fliker that I could mod to fit the right look.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Finally got the shading right.

You have no idea how many hours it took me to find a close enough color to blend out the selector, and on this specific receiver the automatic position. There's a faint, faint, faint color difference when viewed at large size like this, but at preset size, it's indistinguishable.

Still working on a movable selector switch, but that should be pretty easy.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Finally got the shading right.

You have no idea how many hours it took me to find a close enough color to blend out the selector, and on this specific receiver the automatic position. There's a faint, faint, faint color difference when viewed at large size like this, but at preset size, it's indistinguishable.

Still working on a movable selector switch, but that should be pretty easy.
I believe that is a FN SCAR trigger group and that looks a lot like a real one. the only difference I can see is that a real SCAR trigger group has a lug to hook onto the back of the receiver and to hold the stock on.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
I believe that is a FN SCAR trigger group and that looks a lot like a real one. the only difference I can see is that a real SCAR trigger group has a lug to hook onto the back of the receiver and to hold the stock on.
Yeah, I know, the point is I almost seamlessly blended out, on this particular one, both the fire selector and the automatic setting to give it the appearance of a semi-auto/SPR trigger group. It's ready and waiting for a moveable fire selector, which I'm going to put together shortly.

Believe me, finding a close enough color match took far longer than I would have liked to spend on such a "simple" task. As far as the attachment lug, I don't bother with such internal details that won't be seen on a completed rifle because I consider it them to be useless code when most of my recent builds exceed 2 mb in size. I don't even bother with bolt carriers, gas blocks, etc. unless they're visible from the exterior of the weapon.

Last edited by Spartan198; 04-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM

I was just screwing around while listening to podcasts, I tried making an M14 without wood. It's sort of total garbage, I just went with that stock because the magwell lines up surprisingly nicely. An SR25 lower also fits, but with any AR lower the... thing where the buffer tube goes is way to high, it puts the stock almost above the rear sights.

Well, it's neat if you don't look too closely.

edit: this one is less horrible

Still displays my total lack of finesse with this program. And the handguard doesn't technically work with the M14's weird long charging handle. Probably.
Yes I am aware that the M14 EBR is a thing that exists already. The EBR is hideous all the time, this stuff I'm coming up with is only hideous if you're not squinting hard enough.

Last edited by BlackIce_GTS; 04-28-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 AM

If you remember the AKMSU that I created for a character a while back...

It's got a new little Brother.

Yes that is a Select fire Saiga-12 fitted with a drum mag.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:27 AM

For anyone interested, I found out how to get PMG working again.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...CcXoRocYJvSSUb

1. Open "Flash Player Debugger.exe".
2. On the top left, open the View menu and choose Quality. From there, select High.
3. After this, return to the top left and select "File". Select "Open", this will open a pop-up window.
4. In this window, choose "Browse" and go to where you downloaded the PMG SWF files. Double-click on one of the files, then click "OK" on the popup.
4. Now you can enjoy PMG-ing offline in HD.

NOTE: After you have opened a PMG file once, it will be in a "Recently opened files" list at the bottom of the menu that opens when you clicked "File" in step 3.

If you open both files once, they will be available straight from the menu and you can skip most of step 3 and 4 next time.