I was able to but didn't 3 27.27%
Not old enough 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Do you live in Mad Max?
No. You see, in Texas we don't like being cheated. Only recently we've started back on killing cheaters. These electronic voting machines have a habit of either not counting votes for a certain candidate or counting them as votes for the opposite candidate, AKA cheating the voter out of their say in the election. And since we still have people willing to do something about it, the machines got torched

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
Very well said...i had the same opinion back then as well...Obama's team has done more for gun rights then bush ever did...but i did enjoy all the business last year and people were paying in cash...pure craziness.
You're an FFL?

Even if it wasn't obvious back in 2008 that Obama would cost the Dems their control of Congress by midterms, I still doubt that he would have so much as touched gun control, especially in his first term. Too many gun owners act like this is still Clinton's America of the 1990s, which is just not true. It's well past time for us to put the Orwellian conspiracy theories and "Red Dawn" fantasies to rest.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I'm am sort of mad but sort of happy with those guys. They made it way easier to get guns like S&W 3rd Gen autos and older, rare gun because they were being skipped over in favor of AR's. However, I do not like the fact that it was and still is so difficult to get certain calibers
You talk about this as though it's trivial.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
You talk about this as though it's trivial.
It's easier now so it's more of a slight annoyance to find ammo than it is an impossibility

Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
It's easier now so it's more of a slight annoyance to find ammo than it is an impossibility
Now, yes, but in late-2008 and for most of 2009, it was extremely annoying.

Not to mention that I lost respect for a lot of FFLs who were all too happy to capitalize upon the paranoia (and then hide behind the 2nd Amendment whenever I pointed out how retarded it was to expect Obama to re-implement the AWB, let alone ammo bans).
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Now, yes, but in late-2008 and for most of 2009, it was extremely annoying.

Not to mention that I lost respect for a lot of FFLs who were all too happy to capitalize upon the paranoia (and then hide behind the 2nd Amendment whenever I pointed out how retarded it was to expect Obama to re-implement the AWB, let alone ammo bans).
Banning anything gun related would ruin him politically. Afterwards he probably wouldn't be able to get a position as trivial as "head janitor"

Old 11-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
You're an FFL?

Even if it wasn't obvious back in 2008 that Obama would cost the Dems their control of Congress by midterms, I still doubt that he would have so much as touched gun control, especially in his first term. Too many gun owners act like this is still Clinton's America of the 1990s, which is just not true. It's well past time for us to put the Orwellian conspiracy theories and "Red Dawn" fantasies to rest.
Yeah i been selling firearms for a little over 4 years now. I tried to tell my clients that obama never said a word about gun control and most of the rumors were based on NRA propaganda and his past voting record from illinois.

Last edited by Spades of Columbia; 11-04-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
Yeah i been selling firearms for a little over 4 years now. I tried to tell my clients that obama never said a word about gun control and most of the rumors were based on NRA propaganda and his past voting record from illinois.
Fair enough. I don't have a problem with FFLs doing what they exist to do (sell merchandise to make a profit), but feeding the hysteria and pretending it's anything else is far more despicable.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Gun control is a bit of a dead issue now. I would've expected a lot of talk following the VT and Ft. Hood shootings, like after Columbine, but not much. The Democrats and the press have wised up. The most you hear about it now is from Mexican politicians on how you can walk into a Walmart and buy a .50 cal machine gun and grenades and how it's America's fault that drug gangs are out of control.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Gun control is a bit of a dead issue now. I would've expected a lot of talk following the VT and Ft. Hood shootings, like after Columbine, but not much. The Democrats and the press have wised up. The most you hear about it now is from Mexican politicians on how you can walk into a Walmart and buy a .50 cal machine gun and grenades and how it's America's fault that drug gangs are out of control.
That's exactly my point...on the Federal level, gun control has pretty much ceased to be a hot button issue. In the last decade, we've seen the death of the Assault Weapons Ban, a favorable ruling in D.C. vs. Heller, and quite a few major shootings that failed to revitalize the gun control debate in any significant way. After all of this, it would seem intuitive that the threat from the gun controllers has receded for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure we'll experience setbacks, especially at the State level, but personally, I'd be surprised if another AWB-type law (meaning, a Federal law that actually tries to ban any weapons/ammo/mags, which is what everybody still seems to fear) gets passed in my lifetime. And yes, I realize that this is a pretty bold statement considering my age.

Last edited by MT2008; 11-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread