imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
.Sure, I can understand Spec Ops getting weapons that are not commonly known, or in full production or weapons not adopted yet. Like how the SEALs during the first years of the Vietnam war had the G3 in their hands.
Or how other special ops units such as the SASR had weapons like "The Bitch", a F1 SLR with a XM148 grenade launcher and 30 round magazines from the Bren. There's so many interesting variations on weapons during the Vietnam War that it is a bit of a shame the developers decided not just to be lazy about their research, but proud that they retained a bunch of MW2 weapons.

Also, did anyone notice that Drjuki deleted all references to anachronisms on the page and claimed that other users shouldn't mention them since he doesn't care about inaccurate weapons?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I know a man who was a serious spec ops member during Vietnam (and I should mention he is a complete badass with three bullet holes in his neck, and a huge scar over his head from getting agent orange poisoning, which he survived due to sheer badassery) and he carried whatever weapon he wanted. He said he spent most of his time roaming around enemy lines (which he prefered and considered safer than being on the allied battlefront, because then if his team was in trouble they could "run like motherfuckers...") and he said he had at different times carried a prototype Armalite rifle (I can't recall the proper make), a cut down M2 Carbine, a stainless steel Detonics pistol, multiple small caliber pistols (he said he prefered small pistols because they were light and killed well when you got up close and popped them in the head) and in one instance he killed someone using an M79 grenade launcher, in which the round failed to detonate and simply shredded the guy on impact. Even after he left service he smithed several custom guns for his pals still in service. Basically the spec ops guys back then used whatever they wanted.

In the 70s he had a custom Colt Commando made for him, which he still has, which is Israeli made, has a 16" barrel, and a colt scope. Really nice weapon, I got to hold it.
Got a picture for us?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Got a picture for us?
I haven't seen him in a while because he was my martial arts teacher and I couldn't go to the class anymore, but I can contact him and see if he'll snap a shot of it for me.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markit View Post
Or how other special ops units such as the SASR had weapons like "The Bitch", a F1 SLR with a XM148 grenade launcher and 30 round magazines from the Bren.
http://www.militaryimages.net/photop...alian_SASR.jpg
Old 08-11-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
The one standing on the left side of the picture appears to have an M203 instead of an XM148.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Kinda related, but not to Black Ops:

I've been playing through COD4 on Veteran, and while I'm happy to say that I've cleared the campaign, I'm mired in the pit of failure that is Mile High Club. Sweet Jesus, who the fuck thought THAT was a good idea? It's bad enough that you only have a minute to get to the hostage, but your teammates are about as accurate as blind men and the terrorists are a pack of frickin' Terminators.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
It's bad enough that you only have a minute to get to the hostage, but your teammates are about as accurate as blind men and the terrorists are a pack of frickin' Terminators.
Well, ain't that a bitch?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:

I've been playing through COD4 on Veteran, and while I'm happy to say that I've cleared the campaign, I'm mired in the pit of failure that is Mile High Club. Sweet Jesus, who the fuck thought THAT was a good idea? It's bad enough that you only have a minute to get to the hostage, but your teammates are about as accurate as blind men and the terrorists are a pack of frickin' Terminators.
It took me a hundred tries and it was a long time ago, but I beat it on Vet ONCE

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-12-2010, 02:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:

I beat all of Veteran except that level. It just got too frustrating after 1000 tries. It's more luck than skill to beat it, and I got no luck. haha
Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I beat all of Veteran except that level. It just got too frustrating after 1000 tries. It's more luck than skill to beat it, and I got no luck. haha
SOLUTION: Take COD out of Xbox; play Max Payne

http://www.introvertisland.com