imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
What is the stamping on the bottom one behind the folded stock? It looks like that one might not even be of Israeli origin. Also why is "Micro" not as prominently stamped in there? I didn't notice it before because of how faint it is.
Quote:

Both of these guns (they are from the inventory of MPM2008's company, and were photographed by him) are civilian Uzi Pistols (imported by Action Arms) that were converted to full-auto (and they're also converted to blank-fire, since they're intended for movie use). The "A" for auto was stamped in after the auto sear was added, and so was the "Micro" printed next to "Uzi Pistol". I have no idea who did the conversion work on either of these guns, but I believe most of the full-auto Uzi Pistols in prop houses' inventories were modified by LaFrance Specialties in the 1980s. You'd have to ask MPM in order to be sure who modified these particular weapons.

The reason we call all of these guns "Micro Uzis" and not "Uzi Pistols" is because there are almost no genuine "Micro Uzis" in Hollywood. Actually, make that Uzis, period. Almost any time you've seen an Uzi variant in a movie or TV show filmed outside of Israel (whether full-size, Mini, or Micro), you are looking at a civilian variant that has been converted to full-auto. So my point is, if you were to try and distinguish between the "Micro Uzis" and "Uzi Pistols", you might as well just call all of them Uzi Pistols.

Last edited by MT2008; 04-14-2011 at 01:56 AM.