imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM

Default General gun talk

General gun questions and comments.

Anyone else follow shot?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgew...10/dGWcARn7ER0

a shotgun for mall ninjas, more mall ninja-y than the ksg even!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS3vHnEQXBg&feature=fvst

the tavor is here

And cerberus managed to anger me again, they fixed the acr by shaving 2 pounds off, but only on mil/le models. Guessus civvies aren't important enough?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgew...10/dGWcARn7ER0

a shotgun for mall ninjas, more mall ninja-y than the ksg even!
Ten bucks says it'll be in Modern Warfare 4.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
General gun questions and comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS3vHnEQXBg&feature=fvst

the tavor is here
My bet is a $3000 MSRP
Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

If any of the bullpup is cheaper than 2000, I'd get them

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
If any of the bullpup is cheaper than 2000, I'd get them
I could only ever get ambi ones like Microtech's AUG clone or the FS2000, since "bullpup" generally means "fuck you, lefty"

I should sue companies that manufacture non-ambi bullpups for discrimination just to see what would happen

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I could only ever get ambi ones like Microtech's AUG clone or the FS2000, since "bullpup" generally means "fuck you, lefty"

I should sue companies that manufacture non-ambi bullpups for discrimination just to see what would happen
To be fair, most all guns are designed for right handed users so are inherently saying as you put it, "fuck you, lefty".

The shotgun I'm not impressed with really. It's a new design for one, meaning it's untested. Just as well it requires a rotation of the magazine after every 4 shots which may prove to be a real pain in a firefight. Coupled with the limitations of shotguns in most situations as well as the weight of such a high volume of shotgun ammo in the weapon, it's hardly ideal, and not really worth the amount of money you're going to pay for it next to the street price you can pay for an old and dependable single tube pump action or semiautomatic shotguns.

Even the competition, the KSG, which has some issues of its own, is still more viable as it holds a close amount of rounds, 14, and only requires one flick of a switch to change tubes, and two tubes of 7 as opposed to 4 tubes of 4 is much easier to keep track of if you need to change from one type of round to the other (buck versus less lethal for example). Given all of this, stressing the highly niche usage of a shotgun as well, I don't quite see the merit in this design over the KSG or, again, simple, cheap pump action or semiautomatic shotguns. I'll gather more interest when I see (reliable) magazine and drum fed shotguns.

As for the Tavor, $3000 or even $2000 is steep given the rifle has a polymer body and will be produced at least mostly in the US. The Tavor may well be a competitive rifle in the market though as decent bullpups are relatively limited and typically expensive, and with the advantages of the bullpup layout, and the rifles other inherent features, it may well find a great following if the price is right. I'm certainly intrigued by it myself.

Also, this thread would be better as a SHOT Show thread than the "general" thread which was seemingly made as an excuse to post SHOT stuff anyway, don't you think?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM

Its a general talk thread to keep going for a while. Shots over but other stuff will come up, just shots the biggest industry event and just happened. Gun questions, comments, etc can go here instead of new threads each time.

Also, SW, i think the tavor is ambi. And dont go into any ar-15 centric forums, they all seem to cry about how reversible ejection rifles like the ar160 are useless and left handed people can use right handed guns just fine so they don't "need it." They never think a left handed person might waqnt to be on similar ground. My friend got a stag ar since it was the only one offered left handed. Someone on one forum said that left handed people have an advantage with right handed guns as they can see the ejection port to know of malfunctions. If this is a advantage then those stags would be in the hands of right handed shooters. too bad the only people with a left hand revovler are charter arms and they suck.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

People also say that ARs shooting from the left hand can get brass in your face. That's what the brass deflector is for and it's never bothered me. People who bitched about the brass hitting you is just crying

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
To be fair, most all guns are designed for right handed users so are inherently saying as you put it, "fuck you, lefty".
Yeah, but shooting normal guns left-handed won't eject brass straight into your face or smack you in the jaw with the bolt handle

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Also to be a proficient shooter, you HAVE to learn how to shoot with both hands. So the debate of all guns are for right handed is moot point when right handed people are supposed to be training themselves to shoot with the other hand in the first place.