imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Default The Unit: The Movie

I don't know how credible this is, but...

Quote:
Dennis Haysbert has announced that he has bought the rights for Eric Haneys books and plans to turn them into films!

“It may not be called a Unit movie, but I’ve partnered the author of Inside Delta Force and the series’ consultant, Command Sergeant Major retired Eric L. Haney. I just bought the rights to his books, and we’re going to make movies out of those,” Dennis reveals to the TV DivaGal exclusively.

Clearly Dennis is disappointed that CBS cancelled the show and The Unit obviously means more to him than just a job. Help get The Unit back, whether it be on TV or on the big screen!
http://renewtheunit.com/2009/12/27/the-unit-the-movie/

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 PM

announcement is old, youd expect them to have made have made a follow up by now. Now, will the movies be based on the books or actually based on the unit? Id want the movie to follow same characters.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

News to me. Yes, bring back the Unit Dennis.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
News to me. Yes, bring back the Unit Dennis.
I'm not quite so enthused. I liked the first few seasons of "The Unit", but that show definitely ran out of steam a long time ago. Even with all the cool weapons that they had, I wasn't too surprised when its ratings dropped in the last season.

I remember when I had an epiphany about military-themed shows: I think they're pretty much a lose-lose scenario for any network.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:38 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It's because the last scene, they tried to be like other military shows. Give the guys with guns with a lot of crap on them and have their pistol shots take a guy on when it's clearly out of pistol range.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 PM

100 yard kimber shots instead of aimed rifle fire and bad guys falling (even wearing body armor) to a hit in the chest instantly. 24 went downhill like this too.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
100 yard kimber shots instead of aimed rifle fire and bad guys falling (even wearing body armor) to a hit in the chest instantly. 24 went downhill like this too.
Don't you know? Bulletproof vests don't work when bad guys wear them because bullet proof vests love 'merica lol

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Don't you know? Bulletproof vests don't work when bad guys wear them because bullet proof vests love 'merica lol
That belongs in the Law of guns in movies

Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
It's because the last scene, they tried to be like other military shows. Give the guys with guns with a lot of crap on them and have their pistol shots take a guy on when it's clearly out of pistol range.
No, that's not what I meant. What I meant is that shows like "The Unit" are targeted mostly at teenage and 20-something guys who are into guns and the military. The problem is that these days, if you're competing for the attention of that demographic, you're competing against military-themed FPS games. It's not at all difficult to see who wins in that competition.