imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Anyone suspect that these writers used IMFDB for their data? :D

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/0...vie-shootouts/

LOL. Now any time I see ANY article where they go out of their way to ID the guns, no matter how limited the appearance or obscure, I always suspect that they did an IMFDB search first.

Of course IMFDB doesn't get credit sometimes, if that's the case.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Top 20 pages that have to do with guns are always fun to read about.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-24-2013, 08:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, there are some really specific ID's that I doubt they otherwise would have made, Like the USAF M16s in Full Metal Jacket. Also, the way they name some guns looks very copy and pasted, like in the Matrix referring to the SP1s as "M16 (SP1)". And then you have the fact that they make the same mistakes that we have, like specifically referring to the rifle from Scarface as a "Colt AR-15 with fake M203 grenade launcher" which is exactly what we call it despite the fact that it is identifiable as an M16A1.

An acknowledgement would have been nice though.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

How is Heat not #1?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
And then you have the fact that they make the same mistakes that we have, like specifically referring to the rifle from Scarface as a "Colt AR-15 with fake M203 grenade launcher" which is exactly what we call it despite the fact that it is identifiable as an M16A1.
It's been a LONG time since I've handled the guns from Scarface, but I vaguely recall many of the full auto M16s were marked "Colt AR-15" on the receivers, which could mean that they were Law enforcement sales guns or Title II conversions. You DID seem a few "Property of the U.S. Government" on some guns. I figured those were DOD surplus sold to Police or Civilian Federal agencies, who later sold them to Class III dealers. But the golden years of easy and legal machinegun conversions (without hassles) was a few years ahead of my time
Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Yeah I think we're being used quite a bit now by other writers for reference purposes.