imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So according to the book, they measure ammo by the entire length of a cartridge? So 10mm overall length for the rifle would be small.
No, what I mean is that in the "Aliens" universe, both the M41 rifle and the service pistol shoot 10mm rounds. But the M41 round is longer and higher-velocity than the 10mm round fired by the pistols. I don't remember dimensions, but it might be that the M41 round is 10x30mm, while the pistol round is 10x20mm. But the point is, they're the same diameter, different lengths.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ah, I see. I get it now. There are grenades the size of shotgun shells now, but they obviously don't make such large explosions.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-25-2009, 03:51 AM

Wink

The gun is suppossed to fied a 10x24mm round, which would leave it in the same range as the real-life 10mm Auto (10x24mm). What a wimpy round. And I though armor-piercing ammo was supposed to be small-calliber, so it could penetrate eaiser
Old 10-25-2009, 04:12 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well the 5.7 that FN makes is a pretty small round and it can defeat some body armor. But I've never heard of a 9mm penetrating standard vests. Most body armor are pretty good against most types of pistol ammo.

I mean, by your logic that the smaller the bullet, it can penetrate armor, then a .22LR can go through anything since it's so tiny.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”