imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Yeah, I think Call of Duty is devolving the way that the Rainbow Six series did.
I don't think the series is devolving, but more or less changing to fit everything the fans want. I think the creators are listening to the fans a bit too much and trying to please everyone. Adding so many new guns and putting too much of a back story to make this seem all too dramatic

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 AM

What I don't get is you unlock all kinds of new guns and perks but after a while they're not even all that good. The only high-level gun i use is the deegle. My classes for primaries are an m16, ak47, aks74u , rpd and m40, although im level 55 i use a lot of low level guns. the perks get lame too, i mean, seriously, eavesdrop? How is that even remotely useful?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

You mean the MP44?

Anyway, the Desert Eagle was made into this overpowered hand cannon. In MW2, there's new perks and a ton more guns

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-28-2009, 02:04 PM

More like, you get last stand, 3x grenades, all the good ones early. Later on, its one where you can hear enemy radio (my team annoys the hell out of me, i couldnt stand the others) and one where they can't hear your footsteps. The guns are balanced to the point that new ones aren't worth it. A g36c has nothing over an m4, the barett .50 cal never gets used since they made it inaccurate , if i snipe (which i never do) i use an m40.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:57 PM

I once pwned this one M60-armed noob in close quarters with an M40A3 with a single blind shot that hit him (or her, I don't know) in the head. It was hilarious. He hunted me mercilessly for the rest of that match.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-30-2009, 01:39 PM

I love when people try to go close quarters with m40s and acogs and i just wreck them....sorry, i hate snipers. I also love using my iron sighted m16a2 (no rails, carry handle, its an a2) to hit them across the map while they try to turn the bolt.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

I believe they call a sniper kill without sighting in gaming is called a no scope. Usually it happens out of dumb luck. I have never seen anyone in COD4 used a sniper rifle without using the scope as well. It is nearly impossible to hit anyone otherwise.

I prefer to snipe with an M21. Not as accurate as an M40 but I like it.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:22 AM

I don't snipe, just not my style. I can make long range shots just fine, while still actually playing the game
Old 10-31-2009, 10:48 PM

I don't know if you guys frequent the Xbox forums or not, but a list of all the weapons has been released, via the leaked copies of the game. The strange thing is that some guns that are clearly in the released videos, specifically the G3, 1911, and the Dragunov are nowhere to be seen. So we'll have to see what that's about.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM

Who bets there will be some controversy before release, like with GTA games? Seeing theres alevel where you massacre civilians?