imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

About brass hitting you, I was at the range with a buddy once testing his then new .380 Bodyguard and standing behind him at the right spot, I was hit twice with brass into my glasses smack. It was the perfect spot to get hit

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
About brass hitting you, I was at the range with a buddy once testing his then new .380 Bodyguard and standing behind him at the right spot, I was hit twice with brass into my glasses smack. It was the perfect spot to get hit
At an indoor range a few years ago, I got hit in the lense of my glasses by the brass from a USP that was being fired about 15 feet away from me

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Bear in mind most of us are civilians and so most military grade equipment is a moot point for us.
You asked for an example. You never said it had to be a *good* example.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:55 PM

What the hell is century arms?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
What the hell is century arms?
basically a importing company...they will get guns from other countries then bring them to the USA, make the changes in the firearms that would make them legal here, and then sell them.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 AM

They give homeless guys a 12 pack and a dremel, point at the magwell of single stack sporting aks, say "make it bigger" and thats how a wasr is born.

Century has legendarily bad customer service and their warranty says 1 year after leaving them, not after purchase, so unless its instantly sold you dont have it long, it also says using warranty service voids the warranty. Their ak74s are known for keyholing also, they have told customers that the bullets should be tumbling end over end for maximum impact......

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM

@ S&WShooter, I don't personally consider the AK conversions legitimate bullpups, though I can see how that bolt would be terrifyingly close to your eyeball when firing. As for the Ruger Muzzlelite, I doubt you will ever see one, let alone shoot one in your lifetime, so again, mootpoint.

Century does have terrible customer service and hit or miss build quality and as much as I am intrigued by some of their products, I don't think I'll ever buy one.

I've been hit in the forehead by my own gun's brass more times than I can count, mostly by my 1911 in fact. Keeps you paying attention, that's for sure. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Century arms is not military grade at all, they suck.
'
And whats with kel tec? they show stuff at every shot show then it becomes impossible to find. They have no manufacturing capability. Also, its sad but ive heard the ar160 wont be here for a couple more years, but that thing is cool.
As much as I've wanted to like Kel-Tec, I have to say I did not like shooting their PF-9. The one I handled didn't shoot to point of aim at 10 or even 5 yards, and yes, I took my time and was shooting just as well as I normally do with a Beretta, it was assuredly the sights on the gun. The recoil was a bit much, but it would have been better had the grip of the gun not been so uncomfortable, the checkering coupled with the length and slimness made holding it uncomfortable, and my hand's aren't even that big. The slide checking isn't aggressive enough for racking either, especially with the strong spring needed for such a small pistol, and if your hands don't stay dry as a bone. Worst of all, new out of the box with only say 60 rounds through it, the gun failed to extract 3 times (and those aren't quick to clear), so of all things, it wasn't even reliable. Their warranty will honor and fix that fault, and they say the gun has a break in period, but it's still disheartening to have that many of that particular type of failure. Ultimately, the one thing I take away from my experience with the gun is that I know which pocket gun I want between a PF-9 and an old S&W Model 60, it's not hard to tell.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 02-01-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
@ S&WShooter, I don't personally consider the AK conversions legitimate bullpups, though I can see how that bolt would be terrifyingly close to your eyeball when firing. As for the Ruger Muzzlelite, I doubt you will ever see one, let alone shoot one in your lifetime, so again, mootpoint.
I do not ever plan on firing a bullpup, I was giving an example (with "getting hit in the jaw with a bolt handle" not being the only example) to why someone who is left handed would have difficulty/wouldn't be able to fire a right-handed bullpup rifle

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 AM

I saw a muzzelite at cabelas. And SW try a fs2000 its completely ambi.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 AM

Oh wow, I guess the stock sets aren't that hard to come by. I thought it was one of those weird bastardized 1980s guns whose run came and went. Even so it'd take some sort of tacky madman to buy one...