imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Ban? or no Ban?

I actually temporarily banned Moviemaster1993 (1993 which probably means he's either 16 or 17 years old) because of his response to my initial query as to whether or not he was a foreigner (his English was pretty bad) and I pointed out that being up front in your User Page that English is not your first language, warns us ahead of time to be extra patient with any bad writing on the user's part. The exchange rather degenerated into this:

Quote:
typical fat american gun-nut post of course i'm oblivious i'm new to the site you moronic tool you cannot ridicule my typing i have just got my first qualification in i.t i know the keyboard blindfolded

but i have to congratulate you on being the worlds first american with an extensive vocabulary

1. my details are private i like to keep them restricted only to me

2. i am english you have no opinion about linguistics when you cannot pronounce a simple word like tomato correctly 3. even though you are the moderator of this website your impression of control is similar to that of the nazi's, there is no need to be tyranical it is a simple website about guns which not to make me sound hypcritical is a bit geeky

TYPICAL AMERICAN HICK, CHICKEN FUCKING, GUN USING, OVERALL BRANDISHING BASTARD!

plese take one of the many guns you own and shoot yourself in the head with it it will make the world a better place with no americans shooting canadian soldiers in iraq ' by accident' your country is a refuge for warmongers and the overall voice of the average cunt

you people make me sick
Violation of IMFDB rules? (I thought the request to blow one's own brains out was borderline threats but you guys make the call). I don't think I was out of line when I wondered if English was NOT his native language, but he really took offense. I figured he's just such an idiot that IMFDB would be better off without him. Thoughts?

Lift the ban? Or not.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

I see no reason to bring him back, he's not really a substancial user to the site and that outburst was pretty ridiculous. Of all people to chew out, YOU MPM are the number one person on the site no one should fuck with. Plus he dissed America, screw him.

As for telling you to blow your brains out, that's not a threat but it's still a pretty mega-douche thing to say.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 AM

Frankly, this guy pollutes every page he posts on. And telling a people to inflict physical harm on themselves is... I just can't find the words to describe how heinous I find that.

I vote permanent banhammer. That's what I'd do if it happened on any of my forums. But you're the boss here.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 AM

There was nothing wrong with asking if English was his first language. That guy was just a dick

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-07-2010, 04:24 AM

We're not even in Iraq, all 3 times that happened were in Afghanistan.

Last edited by Nyles; 07-07-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:32 AM

The guy's a douche. He deserves to be banned.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
So he's a misinformed douche that doesn't even do the research needed to make himself sound less stupid.

This site doesn't need that kind of attitude.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

ftw!!
-------
No, seriously, keep the ban. Language is not an excuse for not posting your personal data or calling MPM a nazi...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I vote permanent banhammer. That's what I'd do if it happened on any of my forums. But you're the boss here.
Hahaha. Thanks, but I'm just ONE mod of several. Gunmaster45 is a Mod as well, has just as much 'power' as I do, as does MT2008, Alienqueen11, SpeakEasy, Excalibur, etc. The only 'real' boss is "Bunni" and he floats around watching all of us, quietly, not interfering in the 'affairs of human kind'.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
BTW, any time American forces accidentally take out our friends/allies with a friendly fire incident, it just makes me sick! I hate it when that happens. It's horrible and I feel rotten about it.

Actually when I read more about World War II, there were TONS of friendly fire incidents. IN 1942-43 British AAA gunners mistook American P51s for German fighters and shot them down. the list goes on and on.