imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM

Default Problems with diacritical signs

Need help.
When I'm trying to create a page on IMFDB that contains diacritical signs in text, I get the following error:

---
Database error
Jump to: navigation, search
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj". Database returned error "1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (192.168.130.4)".
---

I encountered this problem when creating a page about a Romanian movie with original title "Un comisar acuză", and I had to change this title to "Un comisar acuza". The same problem was with several names of actors and characters. Well, I created the page with simplified (and a little incorrect) title and names. But later I found out that another user created a page "Mikuláš Huba" - so the title with diacritical signs can exist. But I still cannot add such letters. Can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance!
Greg.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Unhappy

While experimenting, I found an interesting thing: these symbols work correctly when they are in common text, but they result in an error if used in links. For example, an actor name Gheorghe Dinică is seen as it is, but when I try to put a hyperlink on this name, I get an error.