imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
And about the brazilian Falīs, check their new project (MD97 A2 in 5,56):

Looks kind of like the Obran NP from America's Army 3.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Another experience, made by the ZM forumsī user "Chan!":

http://img186.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=proyectofal1.jpg

Note that itīs a modified 50.00, the next step will be the PARA with a new stock.

Field Test:

http://img405.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sdc10696r.jpg
Old 07-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

(sorry for the thread necromancy)

It looks like Brazil is updating their Imbels in 7,62x51:

They are converting all their 50.00 to Para (with folding polymer stock).
Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
(sorry for the thread necromancy)

It looks like Brazil is updating their Imbels in 7,62x51:

They are converting all their 50.00 to Para (with folding polymer stock).
Argggghh. That reminds me. I gotta re-photograph my FALs with the correct stocks! I know I know, most of you guys know that my folding stock FAL pic for IMFDB has a South African stock, not a Belgian one! My brain has too much to remember!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
People talk alot about controllability of various assault rifles, but the reality is the only time a shoulder-fired rifle caliber weapon should be fired automatically is trench clearing and in FIBUA.

The level 3 marksmanship test we do is called the run-up. Start at 300M, shoot from the prone, sprint to 200M, fire prone and kneeling, sprint to 100M, prone and kneeling, sprint to 75M, standing, sprint to 50M, standing, sprint to 25M, only then do you fire full auto. Shooting a rifle-caliber weapon full auto much further than that is not necessary.

I do think the 5.56mm is a better military round, but the reason is not full-auto fire. You can carry more ammo for less weight, the weapon itself is lighter, and most importantly it's alot easier to use in semi-auto. Remember, most soldiers in this day and age go to basic training never having shot a rifle before. And even infanteers don't get to go to the range and practice nearly as much as they should, because there are so many other skills required of a modern soldier that need to be learned and refreshed. We don't have the time or the budget, and neither does almost any other army.
Fighting in Built Up Areas is a great acronym and all, but FISH and CHIPS totally take the winning vote for me. (Fighting In Someone's House and Causing Havoc In People's Streets)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 AM

The thing people need to remember about south american countries is that if there is a war, it will most likely be with a neighbor. And that's why they want higher stopping power, since unlike the afghans and other impoverished nations the u.s constantly get's into wars with, south american's will face blood thirsty south americans in CQB combat almost instantly. They are very good fighters which is the main reason noone save other south american nations have been dumb enough to go to war with them. The Argentineans admittedly are the 'pansiest' south american country, (courtesy of their strong european heritage) but maybe being a failed state for ten years has toughened them up.

If you wound a south american they will become suicidal not suddenly retreat from combat. So you need to make sure you kill them outright. The stakes are higher in battle against equals.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 AM

More likely they are just too poor.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned

Well Manny, we keep the 7,62x51 because :

1- Thereīs no money for buying new rifles or new ammo (or tanks, planes;

2- The guys in the army (not the navy or the air force) hates the 5,56x45.

And about the war hypotesis, our country only has problems with the U.K. and Chile, the only one that dreams with fighting the U.S. is Chavez.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM

From what I read on a blog, Argentina doesn't even have an army anymore. Too afraid it will mount a coup to the current corrupt semi-dictatorship.

Seems to me these cut down rifles are going to be used against home grown 'terrorists' more so than in the defense of foreign invasion.

Also Argentina has nothing to fear from anyone, last two clashes with Chile were instigated by Argentina, as was the Falklands against Britain. Argentina has almost 3 times the population of Chile, there's no way they'd think of invading, even with their far superior military forces.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned

The army is still alive, I donīt know where you read that.

Back on topic, the new refurbished brazilian Imbel (honestly, I expected more...):

IA2 762, 7,62x51

IA2 556- 5,56x45

IA2 556- Stock & pistol grip.