imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Narrowly missed a Webley-Fosbery I could have had for $5000 (hey, it's a Webley-Fosbery). By the time I made up my mind to buy it the old man selling it had passed away. Love to know what ended up happening to it...
....yeah like an old girlfriend only more important.

I had a friend in college, also worked in a steel mill with him, we were 18-24 but had some money. He was "THE" gun nut, packed his loads, made his lead balls for black powder guns, hunter, the whole bit. He told his new wife he had his guns before he had her. He was the first guy I knew who saw Dirty Harry, went right out and bought a S&W 29 (same as post #1).

He offered me all kinds of guns, among them a beautiful double bbl 12 ga. among them for $85 (in 1974), geezzzz. What was I thinking?

Now he's moved away, guns and all.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
Mine was a Magnum Research Baby eagle .380 that I sold for $400 so I could buy a glock 19...I regret it almost every day since...but i still like my 19
Friday the 20th was my 5 year anniversary and when i got home there was a present on the kitchen counter...when i opened it there was a Magnum Research Micro eagle in it and my wife told me she remembered how regretful i was over it...
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Friday the 20th was my 5 year anniversary and when i got home there was a present on the kitchen counter...when i opened it there was a Magnum Research Micro eagle in it and my wife told me she remembered how regretful i was over it...
That is awesome. How are the Micro Eagles?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
That is awesome. How are the Micro Eagles?
it is for sure a close range defense pistol with a slight sting. I hit targets great at 15 yards and it is comfortable for the first few mag fulls. Fits super great in the pocket and in clothes i normally wouldnt conceal in. Trigger pull is on the heavey side but for safety thats not a total bad thing for its purpose. Thank you for asking
Old 05-24-2011, 08:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I'd call her a keeper, but you're already five years in. Congrats on the pistol (and having a great wife!)
Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I'd call her a keeper, but you're already five years in. Congrats on the pistol (and having a great wife!)
Yeah my thoughts exactly, nice wife!
....and I'll be 30 years in later this year.

Back to guns, I remember well many years back outside a bar, hey I was in college, the bar years, a guy had a sawed off 12 ga. double barrel shotgun he wanted to get rid of, wanted $10....I passed.

But I thought later illegal or not what a house protector with some 00 shot in it, just stick it out the door.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 PM

A guy at a gun show wanted to sell me a pristine Steyr GB for $550. Too bad I had just bought that damn High Standard, I really liked how the Steyr handled

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Site Manager

I was in the LA Gun Club in '06 and they had a Sig P228 9mm used range gun for sale - I held it and it was the first pistol that ever fit me like a glove. It was perfect - smooth as butter. I pulled the barrel and it was spotless. $400

I was broke. Couldn't afford it. A few months later it was sold and I was never able to find another P228 that I could afford, they were all $800+ used. I ended up buying and selling a P6 building my P229 trying to replicate it - but neither was as perfect as that P228 - the one that got away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......