imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Getting Inked

In exactly 2 months I'll be turning 18. In celebration of that, I'll be getting a tattoo on my left arm shoulder of an M1911A1 silhouette. Thought the IMFDb community might find that interesting. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So instead of going to a strip club with your friends for a couple of lap dances, you wanted to get a tattoo.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
In exactly 2 months I'll be turning 18. In celebration of that, I'll be getting a tattoo on my left arm shoulder of an M1911A1 silhouette. Thought the IMFDb community might find that interesting. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.

But I'd have to agree with Excalibur. Go to a strip club first, and then get the Tattoo.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 AM

Hopefully you will not come to regret this decision. At least you are putting it somewhere easily covered up

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-28-2011, 04:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Here's an idea of what it will look like using photoshop. I put the picture of the muzzle next to it because making it a silhouette messed up the outline.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So instead of going to a strip club with your friends for a couple of lap dances, you wanted to get a tattoo.
I will, no worries. This just requires a little more planning ahead of time than going to a strip club. (Also, it's not as relevant to discuss that plan on this forum x D)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 AM

Getting all that filled in is just going to be awesome and totally not painful [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, that would be a cool looking tattoo

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Getting all that filled in is just going to be awesome and totally not painful [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, that would be a cool looking tattoo
Oh, I know it'll hurt. But I've a pretty high pain threshold, I'll be fine.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not saying you shouldn't get it, but you might not be the same person in ten years that you are now, and this is something you'll take to the grave. I did a lot of things at eighteen that I wouldn't do now, I'm sure the older folks here probably did too. I don't think there's any harm in waiting.

That being said, I'm always in the mood for boobies. That's something that doesn't go away when you get older.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
you might not be the same person in ten years that you are now, and this is something you'll take to the grave.
Yeah, just think...10 years from now, he might be some gun-hating liberal soccer Dad who drives a hybrid. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Can't remember if I've ever mentioned it before, but I got a tattoo when I was 21. It's two crossed oars with "HOCR 06" underneath - and I regret it now because I'm no longer rowing, so it commemorates something that isn't important to me anymore. But at least mine is on my upper back.

GunMaster, if you get a 1911 tattoo on your upper arm, I think that's a very bad idea. I'm not opposed to tattoos per se, or even gun tattoos, but getting a tattoo that's that big and that visible when wearing short sleeves is dumb. Even if you think a short sleeve shirt will mostly cover it up in plain view, it might still be visible at certain angles. I'd get it on your back instead.

And don't forget...as much as it sucks, we live in a world where people will make character judgments about you based on a gun tattoo. That could affect employment prospects, and also your chances with girls (try bringing one home and showing her that tat - how do you think she'll react?) I hate to encourage you to accept political correctness, and if you still feel brave enough that you can proudly sport a 1911 tat, then that's your choice. But I'd think long and hard about the consequences (if you haven't already).