imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Site Manager

This is the direction I wanted to take the "movie reviewer" position I posted about... someone with experience and knowledge, either in military/leo or firearms to riff on the film and get into larger discussions about military hardware and firearms and interject a bit of history and maybe even some personal stories.

I did have some people get in touch who would be willing to do this... and I think interviews/articles with or by firearms manufacturers is a tremendous idea.

Many of the entertainment professionals I've met through the site like to keep VERY LOW profiles, in the background and anonymous. But military/leo/firearms folks seem to be more willing to give opinion and be interviewed - MPM would you agree with this? Rockwolf I like your initiative - I will look into securing the imfdb youtube channel - I'm sure some people would be willing to speak on camera/audio but not all.

How do we organize this guys? Any recommendations for the first people we should talk to - those friendly to imfdb?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
If you get a chance to interview him, sure. But why does he think that "15 separate references" to his Serbu Super Shorty is such an accolade? After all, the main wiki is mostly a catalogue of which firearms appear in which TV shows/movies/games, and which actors are holding which firearms for which piece of media. By no means are we endorsing his products by the amount of times they appear, or paying him for their appearances.
For a relatively obscure firearm product, it shows quite a bit of visibility outside of the NFA collector world (which is quite small relatively speaking). The leviathans like Colt or Smith & Wesson could care less, but many manufacturers LOVE to have their weapons in films. It drives up demand in the market place.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunni View Post
Many of the entertainment professionals I've met through the site like to keep VERY LOW profiles, in the background and anonymous. But military/leo/firearms folks seem to be more willing to give opinion and be interviewed -
It depends. When you have vindictive people who can secretly blacklist you or make sure you don't get jobs just because of something you said that was 'politically incorrect' in their eyes online somewhere, you tend to keep to yourself. I know of SOME military and LEOs who can't speak their mind ON THE RECORD because they have dick COs. The Military & LEO world is MUCH LARGER though.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
It depends. When you have vindictive people who can secretly blacklist you or make sure you don't get jobs just because of something you said that was 'politically incorrect' in their eyes online somewhere, you tend to keep to yourself. I know of SOME military and LEOs who can't speak their mind ON THE RECORD because they have dick COs. The Military & LEO world is MUCH LARGER though.
Yes, I have had a few people contact me who would be willing to write under pen names.

Also, how do you get those cool avatars?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also, how do you get those cool avatars?
Hilarious.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Well I tend to be conservative when it comes to speaking my mind about anything having to do with law enforcement. Sorry guys, but I need my job. Actually my family needs me to keep my job.
Glad to talk about more general law enforcement topics, but I stay away from the political stuff on the Internet.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
My boss is a beautiful person and a terrific human being. That and he really does love BurtReynoldsMoustache.Like Romeo and Juliet those two are.
Say what?????

Last edited by Jcordell; 09-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
This is the direction I wanted to take the "movie reviewer" position I posted about... someone with experience and knowledge, either in military/leo or firearms to riff on the film and get into larger discussions about military hardware and firearms and interject a bit of history and maybe even some personal stories.

I did have some people get in touch who would be willing to do this... and I think interviews/articles with or by firearms manufacturers is a tremendous idea.

Many of the entertainment professionals I've met through the site like to keep VERY LOW profiles, in the background and anonymous. But military/leo/firearms folks seem to be more willing to give opinion and be interviewed - MPM would you agree with this? Rockwolf I like your initiative - I will look into securing the imfdb youtube channel - I'm sure some people would be willing to speak on camera/audio but not all.

How do we organize this guys? Any recommendations for the first people we should talk to - those friendly to imfdb?
I'll have to ask a couple people I know in the NFA community if any of the manufacturers who have products in film would like to at the very least have an online interview with us. Unfortunatly I haven't won the lotto yet so I can't do a traditional on camera interview.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
I'll have to ask a couple people I know in the NFA community if any of the manufacturers who have products in film would like to at the very least have an online interview with us. Unfortunatly I haven't won the lotto yet so I can't do a traditional on camera interview.
We may be able to do interviews over skype, or written articles over email.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:

I see, so you really were looking for professionals who would review the guns in movies then. I suppose the reviews for games will have to wait.